Chapter 16

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gege" Hua Cheng said to Xie Lian's private communication array.

There was something.... undesired following. And he doubt that the three children behind them would be able to sense it.

"What is it, San Lang?" Xie Lian questioned, he seemed well composed on the outside but in the inside he was worrying. He too had noticed something following them. And he was sure it wasn't human.

"Let's change route" Hua Cheng commented, his eyes seeking for a way that would get them out of the forest. There too much blindspots in their current location.

And as much as Hua Cheng would like to leave the three kids that they were accompaning. He couldn't. If their A'Ying had made friends with anyone, anyone at all in the great sect's and they so allowed them to get hurt. What would their child think of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think sending the children with those two cultivators is safe?" Lan Haoshi stated once his dear wife sat down Infront of his desk.

"I have a feeling all will end well Haoshi, no need to fret" Lan Zhen reassured. Sending her husband a small smile. She could never thank Hua Ying enough for mending her family again.

"Besides, I have sent that lovely girl to make sure they are safe. If Wangji hadn't had his heart captivated by Wuxian I would have suggested a betrothal between that girl and Wangji". Lan Zhen said honestly, it wasn't a joking matter. Most of the clan elders were unapproving and would have preferred the girl but the sole reason that the girl was a cutsleeve that made the elders consider their choices.

Lan Haoshi let out a sigh of betrayal. He wasn't even informed that his son's would travel for weeks, and that made him unprepared to send more deciples with them.

"Quit your depressed state brother! You have a sect to lead!" Lan Qirens sudden shouting voice startled Lan Haoshi. It was a first that his little brother oh so willingly broke one of the rules.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short? Yes it is. But it's a start of a new Era.