5

It was late afternoon I was sitting in the living room reading when I got a text from my dad. 'Hey Jess and I are making dinner. We invited Niall too so ride together. Love you.'

I rolled my eyes.

Niall came back a few hours later. Knocking on my door "are you ready for the dinner"

I open my door to see him leaned against the frame. He glanced at my room. "Messy room adds up" he smirk down at me

"Shut up" I pushed him

We head downstairs he went to get in the drivers side "uh no I'm driving."Niall looked annnoyed

"It's my car."

"Fine." he got into the passenger seat. I put on the radio putting on a country station he sighed really. I said "yes really.."

A lot of my friends complain about my love for country music I think it get my love for it from my dad. He always said if he didn't marry young and if he had a voice and possibly could play guitar he would have been a country singer."

We were bickering all the way to my dads house about the dishes and leaving my clothes in the dryer.

We finally arrived at my dads walking in smelled it like food. My dad greeted us kissing the top of my head. Then shaking Niall's hand. Niall completely dropping the asshole attitude putting on his best charm

No wonder why my dad fell for his shit. He almost seems bearable.

I went into the kitchen. Jessica looking up from the dinner she's making. "hi sweetie do you want to help? I just gotta seat the table.

"Sure" I smiled grabbing the plates. And setting the table.

We all sat down and started eating "this is really good" niall spoke up.

"it's all Jess. My dad said Smiling at her.

I adore the way my dad loves her. Did I always like her ? no. I had this weird thought in the beginning about her using him for money but she stuck around maybe I was a little jealous in the beginning that I wasn't the only girl in his life anymore but she made him happy soo.. I guess I like her too.

My dad spoke looking over at me "you should let Jess teach you how to make a few things."

I smiled "yeah definitely I would love that. I should probably learn at some point so I can stop relying on cup of noodles and fast food to survive."

Everyone laughed

My dad cleared his throat. "So We have something to share with you guys."

"Hmm" i covered my mouth filled with food.

"We are getting married!" My dad practically shouted with excitement

My eyes widened "actually?"

"Yes we still have to plan everything out" Jess was holding back her excitement but I could see how happy she is.

Niall smiled "oh my god! congratulations to the both of you! when did this happen?"

Jessica spoke "he proposed last weekend we went out for a nice dinner in the city it was beautiful." She held my dads hand and he kissed it.

I sat in a bit of shock. Realizing he will actually be married to another woman besides my mother. I snapped out of it "I'm happy for both of you." I looked over at Jess "I'm surprised you want this mess of a man forever" I joked making her laugh.

The conversation shifted to my dad and niall talking about the bar and what not I zoned out. Jess tapped my hand "I would love to go shopping and look at some dresses and have a girls day."

"Yeah" I smiled "that would be fun. I'm free whenever especially between 3pm-2am

She laughed knowing that's the bars hours.

She smiled "so how's you and Jared I'm assuming he's going to be your plus one right?"

"Yeah definitely and we are good he visited a few days ago. We've already made plans for him to come back."

"You guys are literally so cute together. I can't wait until you two get married."

The conversation between my dad and niall stopped my dad looked at me. "You're getting married Emily?"

"No!" I laughed "Jess was saying one day when Jared and I get married."

"Oh I was about to say that boy didn't even have the nerve to ask me."

I laughed "oh dad stop that's so old fashion."

He shook his head. "It's the right thing to do for respect. Hey You guys are okay right? you stopped all the fighting?"

I nodded "we matured past the high school drama."

I looked at niall who had his eyes locked on me before darting down to his food.

"That's good sweetie I was getting close to having to kick his ass for making my little girl cry so much."

"Dad" I spoke urging him to shut up.

He nodded dropping it

We wrapped up dinner niall insisting on helping clean up. I snuck away upstairs to my old bedroom. It was still how I left it covered in posters and photos from when I was younger.

The door opened it was Niall "hey uh I'm ready to head out whenever.." he stopped talking looking at my room before laughing. "Is that a life size cut out of nick Jonas! oh my god the Jonas brothers posters!" he kept laughing

"oh shut up." I shoved him out of my room. Closing the door.

"Aww is someone embarrassed?" Niall smirked at me

"No" walking downstairs hugging my dad and Jessica. We congratulated them again before leaving.

We got in the car and drove Niall saying "so he's been making you cry for a while now?"

I glance over at him "mind your business" hating how he said those words

He put his hands up "I'm just saying you guys definitely haven't matured. you fought the entire time."

"because I'm living with another man."

"So he gets to call you a whore and treat you like shit."

"Were you listening to us fight? You realize that's rude right?"

"The walls aren't that thick.Anyways so he can talk to you like that and you're okay with it?"

I bit my lip "He apologized we made up." I shrugged

He hummed "oh I see. That makes it all better."

"We've been together since high school  we are just comfortable with each other."

"Well apparently you've were doing the same thing back in school."

I stayed silent