1

I was heading home from college for a few months. I was excited to see my old friends as well as my dad and just be back in my own world.

I got off my long flight taking an Uber to my apartment. Which I've missed I moved into the apartment above my dads bar when I was around 16/17 which is the same time his girlfriend moved into our house. I couldn't stand hearing certain things. Anyways. It was a fun father and daughter project remodeling the apartment.

The uber driver told me about his family and how he's daughter just graduated high school. "I wish she would spend more time with family before she goes off to college."

I smiled "trust me when she gets to college she's going to miss home like crazy. It's kinda like you don't know what you have until it's not there."

"I hope so" pulling up to my apartment "have a goodnight welcome home." He smiled at me

"Thank you. Stay safe out here George."

I lug my body out of the Uber tugging my luggage with me up the stairs. I walk into my old room and collapsed onto the bed.

I wake up the next morning or I guess afternoon. Not really sure of the time but I head for the bathroom when suddenly the door opens to a man. we both jump back completely caught off guard by each others.a high pitch scream leaving me "bloody hell"he grabbed his chest "who are you?"

"Who am I? who are you? this is my apartment! Get out or I'm calling the police!"

His eyes widen "oh your franks daughter, emily right?"

"Yes, now who are you and why are you in my apartment? You know what I'm calling the police!"

"No need for that." he laughed as it was some kind of joke "I'm Niall and i work for your dad he said I could live up here."

He's Irish what the fuck?

I shake my head of course he did he would give the shirt off his back to a stranger. He's too nice for his own good. "well you can't live here anymore I'm back."

He sighed "I don't really have anywhere else to go your dad said I could stay here".

"Well it's my apartment he doesn't get a say." Crossing my arms

"He owns the building right?"

"Yes but.."

He put his hands up walking away "nice to meet you Emily."

I go to the bathroom and head back out and getting dressed and heading downstairs where I know my dad is probably at already.

"Dad why is there a strange man in my apartment."

My dad chuckled "He's not strange he's a nice guy and hard worker he needed a place we had an empty place."

"Did you think you should mention that to me?"

"I could have sworn I did. You and quote said I don't care." Smiling at me

"I don't remember that and if even if I did I probably thought you meant for a couple of days. Do you honestly expect me to live with a stranger."

"I can't put him on the street milly. You're welcome to move back in with me and Jessica. If it's an issue."

I froze thinking back on the past "ew no thanks"

He laughed "ok then so make friends he's a nice guy."

"Dad" I sighed

"Milly" he smiled

I saw my car keys hanging on the wall. I grabbed them and I walked out of his office to see Niall behind the bar changing out the liquor.

He smiled "so did it work? am I sleeping on the streets tonight?"

I rolled my eyes "not yet" I went to walk out of the bar.

"Where ya off to?"

"None of your business" letting the door close behind me.

I drive to Starbucks while I'm waiting in the drive thru line I notice my car is different. I normally have a purple scrunchy around my gear stick and flowers hanging from my rear view mirror. I opened the glove department and my stuff I had in there like chapstick, perfume, lipgloss make up wipes, and feminine products were no longer there. In stead it had a mens deodorant and wtf a golf ball my dad doesn't golf and why would he be using my car when he has... I slowly realize.

I walk back into the bar to see Niall pouring ice into the ice bin.

"Have you been using my car?"

"Yep" he smiled

"Where's my stuff? And why did you decide to make it your own?"

"In the trunk. Taking girls out with a car that belongs to another girl seems a bit weird no?" He shrugged

"Well then get your own car maybe.."

"I didn't realize it was a big deal. your dad said it was alright. Plus it's bad for a car to sit so you're welcome."

I rolled my eyes and went back upstairs to my apartment. I took a shower and started unpacking my stuff from college giving up in the middle of it and scrolling on my phone texting my friends.

I pretty much stayed put upstairs all day still feeling tired from the time change. I heard what's his face at some point but I think he left.

I don't mind roommates and I'm use to them livings in a dorm but the fact he seems so entitled pisses me off. Plus he's taking advantage of my dad. There's been times I had to be my dads back bone and not let people walk all over him. And I will not let Niall use him.