chapter twenty-one

"Ugh." You sighed.

"What's wrong baby cakes?" Vivian asked you as you both started packing up your stuff.

Monday rolled around again and you just got finished with your English lecture.

"I have to go to a huge dinner tonight." You zipped up your pencil case.

"It's a Monday." Vivian stated.

"I know. I think it's to announce my brother's engagement to the whole family." You explained.

"Aww that's kinda cute." Vivian smiled as you both left the room.

"No it definitely is they are such a cute couple. My issue is that Malachi is gonna be there and I hate him so much right now. At lease I'll be able to see my niece."

"I always forget that you're an aunt, aww I bet she adores you." Vivian pinched your cheeks.

"I'm skipping my next class, I'll just watch the lecture." You decided.

"Me too!" She jumped. "Let's go watch a Bratz movie." She cheered and you agreed.

°˖✧✿✧˖°

You and Viv were sitting on you couch watching your second movie of the day. Although your eyes were on the screen, your mind was somewhere else. You were thinking about a certain red head man and the kiss you shared.

You liked him.

A lot.

But did he feel the same way?

Situationships were hard. There was obviously a romance going on between the two of you but the relationship wasn't defined. It has already been two months and it wasn't like the feelings were one sided. Sure you were confused about how you felt at first but now you're certain about how you felt.

As you were watching the move you could feel yourself get tired and eventually gave in to the sleep.

...

"Y/n!" Your roommate woke you up.

"Mhm..." You sat up and rubbed your eyes. "What time is it?" You asked.

"4:30." She answered.

"Shit!" You got up quickly. "I have to leave in like half an hour. Thanks for waking me up."

"Sorry I should have done it sooner." Viv apologized.

"No, you're fine." You laughed as you rushed to your room. You put on a simple purple dress and quickly did your makeup. Eventually you managed to get ready but you were a few minutes behind schedule.

°˖✧✿✧˖°

You arrived at your family home since your mom was hosting the dinner. Cars were already parked in the driveways so you knew that you were late. You quickly got out of the car and then entered the mansion. Everyone was already in the dining room great you thought to yourself.

You hesitantly walked into the dining room and made your presence known.

"Good evening. I apologize for my tardiness." You bowed before you took a seat.

"It's no problem dear, we're happy that you could make it." Your mom smiled.

Thankfully the food hadn't arrived yet. Besides your immediate family the Todoroki's were also there. As well as Malachi's wife and Genevieve's fiancé. You didn't really partake in the conversation as it didn't really interest you. Felix and Fuyumi announced their engagement officially and everyone congratulated them.

Eventually the food came and you all began to eat.

"Y/n." Your eldest brother addressed you.

"Yes Malachi?" You asked with a sweet voice.