[DA'LEYZA POV]

"Leyza! There's a package for you!" My mom shouts from downstairs. Walking out of my room, I head straight towards the kitchen knowing that's where she is. "Really? That's the first." 

Usually when I get packages, they're from Shein or Amazon. Then my mom would say, "oh my god Da'leyza, more online shopping!! As if you don't already have enough stuff!" So, the fact that she didn't say that I automatically knew it had to be from someone else.

As I enter the kitchen, I see her inspecting the box and envelop. "Looks like it just has your name on it, no return address or anything. A little odd." As I go to grab the box and envelop she gasps." What! What happened?" She smirks at me, "maybe you have a secret admirer or a stalker," she winks at me. Immediately I roll my eyes.

"Yeah right, as if anyone would be interested in me. You're so funny mom, you should be a comedian." She chuckles, "well, I'm going to start heading out before I miss my flight, I'll be back in a month, try not to miss me too much." I put the package down and hug her, "you know I always miss you when you go on your work trips. Safe travels mom, I love you so much."

She grabs both sides of my face and places her forehead against mines, "I'll miss you more than you'll ever know my mini me. I love you beyond galaxies," I smile. "And universes," I finish. Kissing my forehead, she grabs her things and heads out.

my mom's a business owner, CEO of her own company where she helps people with their mental health. She had just opened an office up in Vegas, which is where she's headed for the month to get things settled.

Yes, we're rich but we're also very humble about it. We don't live in a big fancy mansion or anything like that. We actually live comfortably in a 2-bedroom house. And as for a dad? Let's just say he's not in the picture.

For as long as I could remember, it's always been me and my mom. And for the 21 years I've been alive; I have never met my father. Never want to anyways. I have my mom who's also my best friend. She's someone who I aspire to be one day.