Chapter 12

Mira's POV

We all decided unanimously to go to the twin's house after school to hang out. It has been long since the five of us got together. Once the bell rang, we all squeezed into Shawn's car and left. We wouldn't have had to squeeze ourselves if Aiden wasn't so adamant about joining us. He had managed to crawl his way into our little friend group.

We arrived at the house and I could finally breathe after getting out of the car. Aiden was the only one among us who had not been here. He gaped at the Jordan's house in awe. It was simply beautiful. It was a modern duplex with a small garden at the side. There was also a pool at the back. It was more than suitable for a family of four.

We were the only ones at home as the twin's parents were absent. I immediately darted to Selena's room. I opened her white door and was greeted with the familiar shade of green, Selena's favorite color. Her floors, wardrobe, and tables were all dark brown while the walls, sheets, and curtains were teal. She even had some plants in her room which made her room look like a jungle.

I dived into her bed and let the coziness envelop me. I sighed in bliss.

"I missed your room," I murmured into the pillow.

Selena giggled, "She missed you too." She replied. Her stomach growled in hunger, "I will go tell Shawn to order pizza." She said and left to look for him.

I was about to wrap myself up and sleep when I caught sight of Azalea. She was sitting on the couch beside the window. She has been awfully quiet today after what happened. She was also missing during lunch. It bothered me.

I got up from the bed though it was very difficult, went over, and sat down beside her. She ignored me and continued staring out of the window.

"Are you alright?" I asked, nudging her slightly. 

She turned to me, mustering a small smile, "I'm fine." She said but I knew something was wrong.

"If anything is bothering you, you can tell me about it," I told her but she didn't respond. She just resumed gazing out the window.

"The boys are ordering–" Selena trailed off when she saw the atmosphere between us.

I tilted my head In Azalea's direction. She nodded in understanding, shutting the door behind her. She took her reading chair and sat down in front of us.

"Azalea, is everything okay?" She asked, slowly, placing an arm on Azalea's shoulder.

Azalea shrugged her arm off, "I am fine." She replied.

She didn't look fine.

"You can talk to us. We are here for you." Selena said.

Azalea scoffed, "Are you really?" She said, rolling her eyes.

"What do you mean by that?"

Azalea sighed before turning to face us, "You guys have not been there for me for a long time now."

That took us aback. 

She continued, "You," She said pointing at Selena, "You were so busy with your books and extra courses last year that you forgot about my birthday even though I reminded you the previous week,"

"Wait a minute," Selena cut in. "You've been so moody because of that?"

"No, that is not the point." Azalea said, shaking her head, "The point is that none of you have had time for me. Not even you Mira," She said turning to me, "I thought this year would be better since Selena was less busy but you have been so busy trying to befriend Tyler that you don't hang out with us anymore." She said, tearing up.

"You guys don't even know what's going on in my life. You guys didn't even know," She was saying but she paused abruptly.

"Know what?" I asked, suspiciously.

She sighed, wiped her tears then turned back to the window, "Never mind. Forget I said anything."

She looked deeply hurt. I didn't notice that I'd been such a bad friend. I've indeed neglected my friends for a while now, I mean today was the first day Shawn and I have had a decent conversation in weeks.

"I am sorry," I muttered. "I didn't know you felt that way. I'm sorry I haven't been around much."

"I apologize too," Selena added. "Can you find it in your heart to forgive us?"

I nudged Azalea's shoulders playfully. She smiled and replied, "I will think about it."

Hearing that, Selena and I both jumped on her and gave her a big hug. She squealed.

"Okay fine, I forgive you." She said, heartily, and hugged us back.

Everything was merry for a while until her expression became serious. She looked at both of us hesitantly, "I have something to tell you both," She started but a knock on the door interrupted her.

"The pizza is here!" Shawn yelled from the other side of the door. We looked at Azalea. She just smiled and said, "I'll tell you some other time."