Chapter 19

Mira's POV

I couldn't hide my excitement. I was probably smiling like a fool all day but I didn't care. I could not wait to meet Tyler after school today. We will be rounding off our project, today since the presentation was due tomorrow. When the bell rang, I hugged Selena and gave Azalea a big kiss on the cheek.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. Tyler and I are wrapping up our project today." I told them.

"It's fine. I also have to go home, have a nice bath, and take a nap." Selena said. We nodded in understanding. I've been there. Period cramps are the worst.

"It's fine, you guys can go. I also have to wrap up my project too." Azalea responded. "See you guys tomorrow."

I waved them goodbye and left. Tyler was waiting for me in his car. We exchanged a brief salutation before I got in and we drove off to Jennifer's. We were welcomed by the smell of freshly made burgers, it delighted my nostrils. We took our usual table, and the waitress came and took our orders.

"We have a lot to talk about." He said, immediately the waitress left.

I nodded affirmatively, "Yeah, I've completed my part of the project all we need to do is practise for the presentation."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "I'm not talking about that."

"Then what are we talking about?" I feigned ignorance. "Isn't this why we are here?"

"It is not." He said glaring at me.

I sighed, "Okay fine. You finally took my advice and prayed but why are you glaring at me about it, aren't you supposed to be happy?"

He brushed his hand through his hair. "I am unhappy because I didn't receive any answers. You told me that if I prayed, God would answer but he didn't."

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe he was saying this. What was he? A child?

"You just don't expect the Almighty God to answer you immediately when you pray, especially when you have not given your life to him yet. You have to build a connection." I told him.

I continued, "What did you pray about last night? Forgiveness?" I asked as the waitress returned with our orders. I thanked her.

He shook his head in reply. I rolled my eyes again. Good gracious.

"Are you ready to give your life to Christ?" I asked seriously this time.

He nodded.

I beamed, "Give me your hands," I spoke out stretching my hands to him, he reached out and held my hands. "Repeat after me. Dear Jesus…"

"Dear Jesus." He repeated.

"I come to you today to confess my sins to you, I know I'm a sinner. I am ready to receive you as my life and savior. Come into my life today and redeem me. Amen." He repeated with me.

"It is done," I told. "How do you feel?"

He grinned. "Better." I nodded.

We basked in silence for a while. I wanted him to absorb everything, and let it sink in. In the meantime, I finished my burger. After I was done, I glanced up at him. He had a complicated expression on his face.

"Is something wrong?"

He shook his head, "There is just something I need to do. Something I should have done a long time ago."

******

"... and that is how Asia became the great continent it is today," I concluded. We received a round of applause. I peeked at Tyler who was giving a mock bow to the class. We totally aced it.

"That was great. You may take your seat." Mrs Summer said. "The next group please come forward."

We went back to our seats, I finally breathed a sigh of relief. I glanced at the clock, just twenty minutes till lunch.

The rest of the presentation went in a blur. The bell rang for lunch and Mrs Summer left. I immediately waved Selena over before turning to Azalea.

"Did you guys get my text?" I asked.

"Yeah. You said Tyler wanted to speak with us." Selena said. "Why though?"

Azalea rolled her eyes. "Probably to tell us about his suicidal thoughts."

"Azalea." Selena reprimanded. "That was uncalled for."

"I'm not going." She muttered in reply. "I don't want to listen to him."

"Why?" I asked.

"I just don't want to." She said as she stood up and walked towards the window, "By the way, what could he possibly want to speak to us about? We are not even that close."

"We are actually very close with him." Selena retorted pointing at both of us. "You are the only one who has refused to know him. You even declined to visit him at his home."

"I am not interested."

At this point, I was fed up with her. "What is wrong with you?" I asked. "Why do you dislike Tyler so much? What did he ever do to offend you?!"

She looked pained and surprised that I raised my voice at her, "You are yelling at me because of him? You don't even know him."

"I do know him, and I know you and you have changed. A lot." I didn't mean to yell at her but I needed to know the reason she was behaving like this.

"He ruined the only good thing in my life."