Chapter 2

Mira's POV

It has been two days since we had that talk with Tobi. He talked to Amanda and they both agreed to remain friends since Tobi didn't have any romantic feelings towards her.

"Mira, Mira... Miracle Pierre!!!" Someone yelled, dragging me from my thoughts. I looked up to see my maths teacher, Mr Samuel glaring at me. "Where's your mind, young lady?"

"I'm sorry sir."

"Save your apologies and pay attention."

"Yes sir," I replied.

I looked around and saw everyone staring at me. I sighed and turned my attention back to the board to listen to Mr. Samuel rant about the Frustum of a pyramid. Gosh. I hate this topic.

I was so grateful when the bell rang for lunch. I put my desk in order and rushed to the cafeteria before the queue became unbearably long. I didn't have breakfast this morning so I was starving. I didn't even wait for my friends. Every man for himself.

I wasn't in so much haste yet I didn't notice the shadow sprinting towards me. Before I knew it, I was slammed to the floor. Hard. I might be exaggerating but I think I heard something rupture.

I looked up to see who the shadow belonged to. Behold a disoriented-looking Tyler was staring down at me. He undoubtedly didn't look okay. He was sweating so much that you would think someone splashed a bucket of water on him.

He just stared at me confused for a while before walking away. His action left me speechless. Hello, Am I just air to him?

"That was so rude," I murmured. I tried getting up only to feel a stabbing pain in my leg. I think I sprained my ankle.

"Oh, my God. Mira, are you okay?" Tobi said rushing towards me, behind him was Azalea. I could spot the worry in her eyes. They certainly witnessed what happened, I think the whole hallway did.

"I think I sprained my leg," I said wincing while trying to lift myself again but to no avail. My bottom was also aching at this point. "I can't stand. Please help me up." I said stretching out my hands.

Tobi lifted me in bridal style. "I'll take you to the infirmary." He said. Azalea was trailing behind us. She looked angry.

"Why in the world was Tyler running so fast anyway? He didn't even apologize to you." She ranted. I couldn't blame her for being angry, I was angry too.

We got to the infirmary and the nurse directed us to a bed. I took off my socks so she could examine my foot.

"Dear, what happened?!" She exclaimed, catching a glimpse of my ankle.

"She got knocked down by someone. Is she going to be fine?" Azalea questioned.

The nurse sighed. "It will take a few days to heal. But I advise you not to put too much pressure on it for now. I'll give you some pain reliever and massage your ankle with an ointment to reduce the swelling."

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me. It's my job." She said with a laugh. "I'll call your parents to pick you up."

I gave her a grateful smile which she returned. She then massaged my foot which made me feel like laughing and crying at the same time. At one point I caught Azalea and Tobi giggling discreetly.

"Are you okay?" Tobi asked after the nurse was done massaging my foot.

"I'm fine. Hope you had fun laughing at my bitter-sweet pain." I replied glaring at both of them.

They laughed. "Sorry but your expression was so funny," Azalea said.

The nurse walked back to us. "Dear, your mum is waiting outside for you."

We thanked her again. Tobi carried me outside to meet my mom while Azalea went to bring my things from the classroom. The hallway was empty as lunch break was already over.

My mom's car was parked in the school's parking lot. She got down when she saw us coming.

"I didn't know it was this serious." She said with a worried look.

"She'll be fine Mrs Pierre," Tobi said to reassure her.

Azalea appeared behind us with my things. "Yeah, she's made of steel." She added.

Tobi placed me in the passenger seat carefully while my things were kept at the back. I waved at my friends as my mom drove away. It was a 20-minute drive home.

"How did this happen?" My mom asked while driving.

"Someone accidentally knocked into me in the hallway."

"Who was it?"

"A classmate of mine," I said. I brushed my hand through my hair in frustration, "The most irritating part is that he didn't even apologize." I paused then sighed. "Well I don't blame him, he looked queasy to me."

She patted my thigh with one of her hands, "Don't take it to heart dear." She said soothing me.

The rest of the journey was in complete silence. We got home and she helped me down from the car and into the house. I was exhausted by the time I got to my room. I managed to change out of my uniform before laying on my bed. My mom was downstairs making me lunch since I never got to eat in school.

After some time, she knocked and came in with a plate of sandwiches and a glass of milk. She was the best.

She placed them on my bed. "I have to return to work now. Make sure to eat your food and sleep. I'll be back by evening." She said and kissed my cheek.

After a few minutes, I heard her drive away. The house was covered in silence. Just how I liked it. I finished my food and laid on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"Haa!" I sighed and closed my eyes.

Tyler Peterson, something just didn't feel right about him, I couldn't place my finger on it. He was quite popular when he first started our school not only because he was smart but he was also very good-looking. But after a while, his grades started dropping, he no longer moved with the crowd he normally hung out with. I found his change in character disturbing.

In class, he fidgets and would get hand tremors after which he would abruptly leave the class. He gets agitated randomly because of random things. He suddenly became this forlorn figure I'm the crowd. I don't know what it is exactly but something was wrong.

'I shouldn't be bothered with that.' I thought as I shut my eyes. I was feeling sleepy so I said a short prayer before succumbing to sleep.