Chapter 10

"It's wrong to eavesdrop." Someone whispered next to my ear nearly scaring me to death. I flinched before turning around only to be greeted by Aiden's annoying face. I pinched him hard before glaring at him.

"I'm not eavesdropping. Just observing." I corrected him as I returned my attention to the scene before me.

The hallways were empty now since everyone was at the assembly. The sound of footsteps drew my attention from the scene once again.

"Do you know you run very fast?" Azalea said panting. Selena and Tobi were behind her.

"What's going on?" Tobi asked. They had drawn the attention of the boys too.

"Isn't this nice? The calvary is here to save you Tyler." Jeremy mocked.

"Stop," Tyler said, gritting his teeth. He looked out of breath.

Jeremy took an intimidating step toward him, "And if I don't?"

"Get away from him," Shawn said, shoving Jeremy backward. This made Jeremy upset so he punched Shawn. Hard.

I heard Selena take a sharp breath. The silence didn't last long as Shawn retaliated and punched Jeremy back wiping the smug look off the jerk's face, making Jeremy stumble a bit. He wasn't expecting that. He wiped his bleeding lips.

"I thought fighting was a sin?" Jeremy asked, staring at the blood on his fingers.

"You hit him first so technically he was defending himself." I retorted. I couldn't stand Jeremy anymore.

"You should stop interfering in matters that have nothing to do with you darling," He replied looking in my direction. "You all should."

Selena stared at him with an expression that was between disbelief and disgust, "This became my business the moment you hit my brother."

"Then why don't you tell your brother to stay out of my way!." He yelled and tried to attack Tyler.

"Stop!"

"Just stop this Jeremy!" We all stared at Azalea, bewildered.

Silence reigned for a moment. She was on the verge of tears and there was this pain in her eyes. She looked deeply hurt as if her whole world was crumbling down for some reason. The weirdest part is that Jeremy stopped. He actually stopped moving.

The sound of Tyler slumping to the ground drew our attention. He looked like he had been drenched in water. He was also out of breath, panting.

"He's having a panic attack," Shawn exclaimed as he bent down in front of Tyler.

"A panic attack?" I stuttered.

"Everyone should stay back. He needs air." Shawn said. "Tyler, you have to breathe with me, okay?" He told Tyler, who did not seem to hear him.

We all stared in anticipation as Shawn tried to calm him. Tyler looked like he would pass out at any moment.

*****

I hate economics. How can a subject be this long and boring?

Three, two, one... I smiled in delight as the bell rang relieving me from this torture. I needed to see how Tyler was doing. Tobi said he eventually fell asleep after some time.

I got up and turned to Azalea and Selena behind me, "Let's go see how Tyler is doing."

"He's probably fine," Azalea said, dismissively waving her hand. "Why are you guys worrying so much?"

"Because he's my friend and he needs us," I responded, unsure why she was speaking this way. "Why are you so hostile towards him? And why were you so emotional during the fight? Is there something you are hiding from us, Azalea?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Before she could respond, Shawn interrupted us, "What is going on?"

"Nothing." We all answered at once.

He didn't believe us but he let it go, "Tyler is awake. I was about to go get him some lunch. Do any of you want to come with me?" He asked, staring at us.

Azalea instantly shook her head before walking away.

I nodded. "Ignore her. I will go with you." I said before waving Selena goodbye.

Our walk to the cafeteria was silent. I was mostly admiring Shawn during the duration. Ever since we were little, he was like our knight. Always protecting us just the way he protected Tyler today. It made me recall some good memories.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." He said after catching me staring at him.

"I already have numerous of those," I responded, cheekily. It was true though. I had a whole gallery on my phone of him and Selena but he didn't have to know that.

He stared at me amusingly, "Was that supposed to be cheesy, little Mira?"

That nickname made me cringe. I am one of the tallest girls in class and I take pride in it and him calling me little was hurting that pride, "I am not little you jerk." I retorted. He dared to smirk in response. "If I remember correctly, I used to be quite taller than you," I added as I recalled that Shawn used to be a short kid while growing up.

"You remembered wrong." I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"If you say so."