Chapter 23

Mira's POV

I let out a breath of relief as I walked past the entrance. It's finally over. I tilted my head upward to take a final look at the school. Six years! Six years of my life was spent within these walls and now it's finally over. At least they were all good memories, I thank God for that.

"Mira!!" Someone yelled. I turned to see Aiden racing towards me with a wild grin on his face. I rolled my eyes, "How were your final papers?"

"It was fine by God's grace," I replied. "How was yours?" I asked as we walked toward the rest of the group.

"It was great but someone was caught cheating." I shook my head at his statement. Poor unfortunate soul. It was really unfortunate to be caught cheating on your last paper. It was English for crying out loud. "He was brought to the Disciplinary committee." Aiden continued saying as we finally caught up with the group.

A lot of things happened this semester, Thankfully most of them were good. Aiden and I finally learned to tolerate each other and we even became close friends, Tyler reconciled with Jeremy. Azalea and Jeremy plan on going to the same college and would probably end up together someday. Sadly Amanda and Tobi never ended up together but she learned to move on. Also, another sad news we heard was that Tyler would be moving away for college, he was going abroad for his studies.

"Was the paper that hard? What took you so long?" Shawn asked as he threw his arm around my shoulder.

"I needed to be sure before I submitted. Not everybody can pass without reading like you." I retaliated.

"Or Tyler," Tobi added.

"Yeah when you guys told me his grades dropped and he needed to boost them back up, I thought you were referring to Ds and Es, not Bs and Cs. The guy was a genius even when he was failing. I mean his failing grade was my passing grade." Aiden complained. We all chuckled at his statement because he was right.

I am going to miss everybody.

"I love you guys so much," Selena said beating me to it.

"I was just about to say that," I said laughing.

"Me too." Azalea voiced out.

"Group hug!" Tobi yelled and rammed everybody together. It was heartwarming and painful at the same time.

"Okay, that's enough. You guys are crushing me." Selena squealed. We let go. "Let's head over to Jennifer's to have our final bible study with Tyler."

"Ugh bible study," Aiden said, distasteful. I smacked him across his head which earned me a glare. He was a tough cookie even tougher than Tyler.

We got to Jennifer's and took our usual table. After everything was settled, we made it a habit to come here together to hang out.

I skimmed through the table, engraving the happy faces of my friends one last time. Especially Tyler.

It felt like yesterday when I first walked through those doors with a grumpy Tyler in tow. Now, as I stare at him with a genuine smile on his face, I couldn't help but feel proud, he pulled through.

Aiden slammed his hands on the table to get everybody's attention. I gave him a stink eye, he was always so loud. "Let's take a group photo."

"Sure let us do it." Tobi agreed bringing out his phone. "Everyone huddle together."

We nestled against each other. "On the count of three, say cheese!" Tobi exclaimed.

"Three…two…one."

"Cheese!"