Chapter 7

Tyler's POV

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

I don't know what you might be going through nor do I know what's troubling you but I want you to know that there's a friend in heaven who is forever ready to listen to you and help you because he cares for you.

From your Friend.

______

This was the first thing I saw when I took my seat. It was taped to my desk. I folded the piece of paper after reading it and placed it in my bag.

"Haa." I sighed. This girl doesn't know how to mind her business.

If there's one thing I absolutely detest about this school, it's the fact that it's filled with nosy goody-two-shoes brats that enjoy poking their nose in other people's business then call it help. I didn't freaking ask for it. They always claim that they want to bring light into your life because they think you are in a dark place.

Light. That light called Jesus. Where was that light when I desperately needed it? Where was he when I cried every night? Where was he when I was ruining the life of the people I loved the most?

Right, It's either he wasn't there or he just didn't care about me and if there's one thing I've learned from the numerous Sunday schools I have attended, it's that God is omnipresent. He is always present. He watches everything. Therefore, He watched me in pain and did nothing. So I've concluded that he just doesn't care.

Someone banged a desk startling me in the process, "Come on it's time for assembly. Let's go and worship God!" Our class rep yelled.

I looked around and saw people already leaving. In front were Mira and Azalea holding hands, smiling as they walked away.

That Smile. Another thing that irked me about this school is that everyone was always freaking happy. Even when their house just got burnt down, they are smiling and praising the Lord. It is annoying because they make it seem easy to be happy when in reality, it's not.

"Tyler let's go." The rep yelled. I returned his smile with a glare before standing up to follow him to the assembly.

*****

Mira's POV

It was the last period and we had Physics but our teacher was unavailable which means we were free to do whatever we wanted. The clock says 2:15 pm means we had fifteen minutes before closing for the day.

Azalea, who was reading, suddenly closed her book and turned to face me, "Are you meeting with Tyler today too?" She inquired with a frown.

I nodded, "Yes. We will continue meeting until we are done with our project. It shouldn't take that long, the project is really easy."

She looked concerned, "You shouldn't spend so much time with him. He doesn't look like a good influence." She said.

"Why do you say so?" I asked, with a frown.

"His grades dropped suddenly. That only happens when someone gets involved in bad things." She said.

Although what she said was wrong, It was nice knowing she cared about me this much, "Trust me, I'll be fine. I know what I'm doing."

She sighed in defeat and nodded. Then continued, "Oh, don't forget we have Bible study this evening in church. Don't be late."

"Yes ma'am," I replied. She rolled her eyes and went back to her book.

*****

"So, how was your day?" I asked as I got into Tyler's car.

He started the ignition and drove off the parking lot. "It was alright."

The rest of the drive to Jennifer's was silent. It has officially become our meeting spot.

He parked his car in front of the restaurant when we arrived, we got down and went in. Only a few people were around. It wasn't a busy day for them.

We sat at the table we occupied yesterday. "Is there anything you would like to order?" He asked.

"I'd like a sandwich and a can of coke." He didn't comment as he went to get our order.

He came back a few minutes later with our food which he paid for and I didn't mind.

"So, I've written about Singapore and I'm halfway through Taiwan. Have you done your part of the project already?"

"I haven't started writing about Hong Kong yet but I have started writing about South Korea," I answered sheepishly.

"Why are you so slow?"

"Well," I said, clearing my throat. "South Korea is one of my favorite countries so I have to pour my heart into this in order not to miss anything. Besides, what's the rush? We have about five more weeks to complete the project. That time is more than enough." I concluded.

This was only one of the reasons. The other reason is that I have to prolong this project because this is the only avenue I have to meet him.

"What's so special about that country anyway?" He asked as he nibbled on his Sandwich. He didn't just ask that, I thought.

"It's a beautiful country filled with beautiful people. And by the way, Kim Taehyung is there."

He rolled his eyes, "So you are one of those girls."

I stared at him, jaw-dropped, "You know BTS?"

He nodded, "My little sister won't shut up about them. Her favorite is Jin."

"I need to meet this younger sister of yours," I stated with a grin.

We both finished our food in bliss.

I looked at him and suddenly remembered something. "What did you think of my note?" I asked.

His smile instantly dropped. "I'd appreciate it if you don't send such notes to me again."