chapter-4

"I can't lie, it feels nice that you're calling
You sound sad and alone, and you're stalling
And for once, I don't care about what you want"

-Backburner, Niki Zefanya.

(Yn)

You stood still, not even a single fiber of your body moved. It was as if you forgot how to do the movement and stayed still looking dead.

But then the door opening and closing sound reached your ears from behind and soon you felt a slight push on your shoulder from which you moved forward.

Soon after rhat, you saw the girl who made you stumble forward approaching the man before you.

Kim Jennie.

"Yn?"

At last Taehyung called you, in his deep husky voice.

It's really been years since you last heard his voice.

Jennie looked back at you when she heard him calling your name, at first she was shocked to see you but covered up.

She opened her mouth to say something but before that you turned back and went out of the door as soon as you realized Hoseok was not present in the room.

You tried to stable your breath and blinked your eyes to avoid spilling any tears.

You walked outside the building and started pacing towards Hoseok's car and soon enough you heard hoseok calling you from behind.

You stopped on your track while Hoseok approached you.

"Yn? You alright?I- hey what happened? "

He asked as soon as he saw your gloomy face, but you just looked up at him and shook your head as no.

"Here drink some water" He said extending a water bottle towards your direction, you took it and drank half of it and then settled inside the car with Hoseok.

"Yn are you okay with hanging out? You don't seem good"

He asked concern written on his face.

"Yes and I'm alright " You said with a smile and you both drove off to wherever he's taking you.

(Taehyung)

Here Taehyung was standing at the balcony outside his office, the cold air hitting him while his hair flipped on reaction.

He threw the cigarette bud inside the dustbin after taking a last glance of hoseok's car disappearing from his vision.

He leaned his face on his hand which was resting on the railing, and sighed.

He still can't believe he saw you, moreover you walked to him on your own. The scene from earlier still running in his head.

You looked more mature from the time he last saw you and not forgetting to mention, more beautiful and sexier at the same time.

"What you're doing to me yn..." He whispered.

At last he stood straight with a sigh and walked inside to head back, he's sure that now that he saw you, he won't be able to focus.

After a long drive he finally reached his apartment and went straight towards the kitchen after getting freshed.

He poured himself liquor and sat at the counter, sipping on it.

Soon he received a phone call, he looked at the ID and it was Hoseok.

For a moment he looked at other direction and then finally picked up his call.

:"hey tae"

"Hmm"

:"umm, you sound off"

"Hyung can we talk later, I am kinda busy right now"

:"okay"

And with that he hung up the call again drowning back in his thoughts.

It was 9pm when he heard the door bell, he was still sitting on the kitchen counter but walked towards the living room to open the door.

He pulled the door open and it was Hoseok.

"Hey, you okay?"

He asked as soon as he saw Taehyung's sulking face.

"Yeah just tired from the work" He said with a tired smile and they both walked in before settling themselves on the couch.

"Perhaps do you know yn?"

Hoseok asked out of blue and Taehyung didn't saw this coming.

Taehyung didn't replied while hoseok tried to read his face but it showed nothing.

"So she's the same girl" hoseok said and Taehyung hummed.

This time Hoseok looked at another direction before continuing.

"Are you going to go after her?"

"I don't even know that" He replied with a light chuckle.

"She won't be wanting to even see my face"

"She finally showed up to you after years, you should think twice about it or maybe you'll be regretting the rest of your life"

Hoseok said while Taehyung just kept quiet debating in his mind.

"I think you're right"

Taehyung finally said and looked at Hoseok.

"But how did you met her?"

"She works under my group, so..."

"Oh"

Their was silence until Taehyung again asked.

"How long?"

"I joined the company just some months ago, so I can't say exactly for how long"

"I think its late you should stay over here for the night"

Taehyung said and got up from the couch while hoseok followed him to the guest room.

Taehyung climbed the staircase to his room and layed on the bed to sleep.

But the sleep was far from his sight, he took out his phone and dialed a number before calling on it.