Chapter-39

(Taehyung)

You silently looked at the taxi disappearing from your vision and soon after it faded between the trafic.

You sighed feeling Taehyung's presence behind yourself and it only made you turn around to look at him.

He passed you a small smile, making you look away and then again back at him.

"What did you told her?" You asked.

"We're together" He replied looking straight into your eyes.

"We're together?-" You repeated him with slightest of disbelief in your voice.

"I- " you tried to form a sentence but nothing came out.

Taehyung stood there with a sigh, little hurt by your reaction, though he saw this coming.

"Yn look, I swear this time it won't be like before" He said looking at you trying to explain to you.

"There's no 'this' time, I just can't- I'm tired and it's all overwhelming" you replied to him calmly with a frowned face.

It indeed sounded like you were desperate to be away from him, and did it affected him?

Well.

Yeah, it did and he was beyond hurt this time, he can feel the unknown heaviness creeping on his chest.

You looked at him and realized he was hurt.

You held his arms with both your hands, making him look at you.

"For everything that happened in past months, I'm really thankful for, all of it, but I can't- and I'm not sure about anything" you said what you were feeling at the moment, maybe  meeting his mother a while ago was another reason why you suddenly started feeling differently.

And he just looked down at you.

"Is it because of her?" He asked and you looked at him confused until you realized what he meant.

Obviously.

He looked away blinking his eyes before again looking back at you.

"I- I don't have anything to do with her anymore and I still feel like trash for it all-" he spoke out lightly and you felt the lump forming in your throat.

"Then why did you left me?" You wishpered enough for him to hear with your voice cracking at the last and tone going lower.

"It's just- I- I'm sorry, I know this won't turn the time back but you-"

"Let's talk about it some other day?" You interrupted him and he looked at you, wanting to say further but gave up nodding his head.

and soon after a car arrived to pick you up.

You hopped inside feeling the heaviness over your head and leaned your head on the car window. The fine air brushed your face when the car paced making you closed your eyes and let the night consume you.

While Taehyung glanced at your direction.

Only if you knew.

He thought with a sigh before sliding it away.

(Yn)

Flashback: few years back.

You were sitting in the terrace gazing up at the night sky, the stars looking clear as ever, though rare.

You sat there still wearing the office attire feeling the aching muscles of your shoulder.

You took out your phone, calling on the same number, you called on, a few minutes ago.