𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

Song recommended -  Uptown Girl.

...

It was a warm summer night in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I stared at the sky, the sun setting down on the trees of the south. The sounds of fire crackling into the sky, disbursing into embers.

"Y/N!"

I slowly turned my head to Marcia. "Did you see that?" she sang out, her lips curved into a smile as she pointed at the area where the Soc boys were doing something stupid. They were doing a drinking contest, and most of the socs boys were already intoxicated. I turned my head to her, "Is that the thing you found funny" I muttered, cocking my eyebrows at her. Before I took a sip of the substance in my drink, before wiping off the liquid with the back of my palm. "Don't be such a Debby downer, Y/N!" she mumbled.

"I'm not, just bored of this," I answered her truthfully. I wouldn't be here if Marcia didn't beg me to go to the campfire.

"-Anyways, where's Cherry? I thought she was going to be there since Bob is here," you muttered, staring at the boy with a beer bottle in his hand. "She doesn't like to see Bob drinking and making a fool of himself... that's what she told me, herself at least," Marcia commented; look where your eyes made contact.

"God, what a hussy" You took a long sip of your drink before pouring the rest onto the ground, throwing the red solo cup. Marcia opened her mouth to say something but quietly kept it to herself, holding both hands in her lap.

"You know, Marcia, let's do something better than this" You got up quickly, grabbing her hand, pulling her up. "Y/N, what are you even doing" she blurted. "We're going to do something better than sitting down." you smiled at her, taking out your car keys from your purse and holding them up.

Marcia's heart dropped to her stomach; She knew whatever you had in mind, what bad—a bad.

...

You roared the engine of your blood-red Corvette stingray. You were doing an 80 instead of the standard 50-speed limit.

Your hair blew into the wind, pressing your white heel onto the car's pedal. You glance to the side, seeing Marcia holding on to dear life as her face is painted with fear.

"We're almost there," you yelled as you curved your car to the side, making your way to the neighborhood's east side. You drove your car straight down the road; there were many greasers since it was a greaser-owned area. You didn't care; you loved causing trouble.

"Y/N, I'm scared," Marcia yelled, holding her seatbelt for dear life.

"Being scared is good" You glanced at her with a smile.

"W-what" Marcia cried out.

You looked down at the fuel tank, seeing your tank was running out of gas. "Shit," you muttered, "What?" Marcia looked at you.

"Gas tank is low; we need to find a DX," you said, looking through the window, turning your car to the nearest gas station, and pulling up to the filling station. There was a bunch of greasers surrounding the DX, smoking. Your car caught their attention, as you got some stares from most of the greasers. 

"Gas for 24 gallons" as you held up a 10-dollar bill, not batting an eye to the employee. "Is that gonna be all" you heard a smooth voice as your eyes glanced up. "Yeah," you replied, pushing down your tea shade glasses, looking directly at the worker; it was Sodapop. Your jaw almost dropped. You turned your head to the side, "Marcia, want something?" you said, "Just a can of coco cola," she responded.

"Kay," you said, before taking your purse, "Wait-" Marcia exclaimed, "I'll go with you," she stammered out, getting out of the car.

 "Keep the change; you'll need it," you smirk at Sodapop.

You swore that you heard him calling you a bitch. You opened the doors to the DX doors, walked in, and went straight into the reach-in refrigerator, taking out two glass coca cola bottles. Taking both bottles in your hands, "Hold these" You gave the bottles to Marcia.

You crouched down to the chip aisle, checking for snacks, as your nail dragged through the name of chips. You grabbed some Doritos before getting up.

Walking down to the cashier, Marcia placed down the coco cola bottles, making a clicking sound on the checkout cashier. As you threw down the Doritos, looking at the cashier. "Can I have one peanut m&m and two packs of camels?" you said, tapping your heels and waiting for the cashier as the scanner beeping checked the items.

"1 dollar, fifty cents," the cashier said, her nails tapping on the counter.

You pulled out your wallet for a 2 dollar bill and gave it to the cashier. The chiming sound of the cash register, grabbing your change, ripping the receipt from the printer, and giving it to you as you held it.

"You ready for the big deal, Marcia" You gave her a mischievous smile, popping the cap of the coco cola bottle. While walking to your car, you pushed your hair to the side. "Hey, you greaser, right" you yelled out to Sodapop.

"Yea, what it to ya," he snapped, cocking his head at you.

"Nothing, just wanted to know if there any fun places...around here" You looked around, biting the tip of your nail. 

"-And why would two Soc girls want to have fun with greasers" he crossed his arm. "As I said, for fun," you responded, sipping your coca cola.

"I don't have any places suitable for you," he answered.

"Harsh," you replied in a playful tone while you and Marcia got into the car. As you started the car, "Welp, I'm sorry what happened to your little brother; I heard he got jumped; I'm sorry that happened," you pouted. His eyebrows furrowed together; you peek back at Marcia's agitated look, her nails pressed along her thigh.

"Yea, I'm still trying to get the people that did it to my brother." he glared at you, giving you what thought of a death stare—his shake but in excitement.

"Im glad that helping out for you" You smiled before roaring your engine and speeding off.

"Bitch" Sodapop mutters before staring at your speeding car.

"HEY! SODA, IM NOT PAYING YOU TO STAND THERE AND LOOK PRETTY" 

...