Chapter 10: Anxiety

2 weeks before Katsuki's surgery, Izuku went to work and overheard Yagi and Katsuki talking about his work schedule when he was able to come back. "I should be discharged a week after the surgery and should be able to come back to work a week after that but with light duties" Katsuki told his old coach. "We'll have you work the command station while you recover, but you know you can take your time coming back Young Bakugou" Yagi responded as he wrote down everything. "I should be okay to work a little bit, but I do have a request, coach" Katsuki said as he looked at the window on the door and saw Izuku peeking in.

Izuku noticed Katsuki look towards the window and he shifted out of frame. 'Did he see me?' Izuku questioned to himself. "Request? What's up?" Yagi asked as he closed his notebook and gave Katsuki his full attention. "Can you excuse Deku for the same 2 weeks I'm away? I'd like him to be there with me while I have my surgery and during my recovery" he asked his old coach who was a little shocked he was asking on Izuku's behalf. "Does Young Midoriya know you're asking this for him?" Yagi raised a brow looking at the blonde. Katsuki chuckled and looked at the door again "Yes, he does. He's a little anxious about my surgery so I thought it would help him if he was there by my side and..." he looked at Yagi "It would make me feel better if he was there as well" he finished explaining.

The day before Katsuki's surgery, Izuku was at his apartment helping him pack for his stay in the hospital. "Are you sure you have everything you need?" he asked looking at the single duffle bag sitting open on the couch. Katsuki walked into the living room with his toiletry bag in hand, zipping it up as he went to put it in his bag. "I'm pretty sure, but if I forgot anything you can just come home and get it for me" he chuckled and kissed Izuku on the head. "Okay.." Izuku sighed and sat on the couch. Katsuki moved his bag to the front door and went into the kitchen to start making lunch.

"What would you like for lunch, baby?" he asked from the kitchen. "Anything's good with me!" Izuku responded getting up to join his lover in the kitchen. He pulled out a bar stool and sat down to watch Katsuki make lunch. "Want something to drink?" Katsuki asked reaching into a cabinet. "Sure" Izuku leaned his chin on his hand and watched intently. Katsuki grabbed a bottle of whiskey and started to pour. "Kacchan... it's 12 in the afternoon.." Izuku watched his boyfriend pour the liquor into the glasses. "Yeah? We're gonna have some lunch, have a drink and talk about your anxiety over tomorrow" Katsuki placed the bottle down and slid a glass over to Izuku. The little lover looked up and nodded with a small smile, he took a sip and Katsuki placed a sandwich in front of him.

They sat on the couch and talked about the events of the next day. Katsuki explained how everything would happen so that Izuku was informed on how things will happen. Izuku told Katsuki his fears about him being put under sedation and afraid of him not waking up. They put everything on the table and soon Izuku felt better about the morning. They put on a movie and Izuku fell asleep on Katsuki's lap. Katsuki glanced down and swipped some hair from Izuku's face and stared at him deeply. 'I'm scared too.. but I promised I would never leave your side' he thought as he scooped Izuku up and took him to bed.

The next morning, at 4am to Katsuki reached over to turn his alarm off and rolled over to wake Izuku up. He snuggled into Izuku and planted a kiss on his lips "Good Morning, baby" he said gently as he rubbed Izuku's back. Izuku groaned and blinked his eyes opened and yawned "Good Morning" he responded as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He leaned over and kissed Katsuki as he went to sit up. "Let's start getting ready to leave." Katsuki suggested and Izuku hummed in response.

Yagi showed up at the building to take Katsuki and Izuku to the hospital. "Good Morning, Mr. Yagi" Izuku greeted as he lazily walked over to the car. "Good Morning, Young Midoriya, Young Bakugou" He responded opening the door for the 2. The ride to the hospital was pretty quiet, except for the little conversations between the 3. They arrived at the hospital and checked into the room Katsuki would be staying in.

When Izuku walked into the room he was dazed at how big the private room was. The hospital bed was big enough for 2 people and it had a little seating area facing a TV. "I've never seen a private room before. It's the size of our apartments in the building" he gwaked as he glanced over the room. Katsuki chuckled while he unpacked his bag and brought his toiletries to the washroom. "The bathroom even as a tub?!" Izuku asked in excitement.

"Mr. Bakugou, I put your gown in the bathroom for you to change into. When you're done I'll start your IV line" a nurse said as she brought in the IV pole. After Katsuki was set up and in his hospital bed, he laid Izuku down with him and the 2 waited for the staff to take him to surgery. The door opened and the lifeguard team came in. "Hey man!" Kirishima smiled as he walked in behind Yagi and everyone else followed behind him. "What are you guys doing here?" Katsuki asked cocking a brow in confusion.

"What do you mean? We came to see you and wish you luck on your surgery!" Kaminari exclaimed sitting down on the bed. "Is Izuku sleeping?" Shinso asked walking over to the side of the bed Izuku was on. "He dozed off about an hour ago" Katsuki said glancing down at Izuku. Izuku had woken up from his short nap to see everyone hanging out in the room.

They all talked about things to distract them from the surgery when the doctor walked in. "Full house huh, Bakugou?" the doctor glanced around the room. "We're ready to take you in now" he said as he moved out of the way for the nurse to bring in another hospital bed for him to switch too.