Chapter 14

Alex P.O.V

By the time warm up was done everyone was a little breathless. I on the other hand felt energized. I walked over to Grace and Miyuki who seemed to be at odds with each other. I saw Grace was a little tired and got a water bottle from our bags and gave it to Grace. She takes big gulps. I smile and take a few zips. Miyuki stares at me "You stamina monster."

I stare at him confused, while Grace just laughs at my reaction "He's kind of right sis. We just ran and you're not even breaking a sweat."

I laugh a little and shrug Blame it on Ty. He always gets us in trouble, which ends up getting us harsher work outs."

Grace looks at me. "Nope you can't blame it all on TY. Miyuki is right you're a stamina monster."

I pout and Miyuki says, "Hey it's Miyuki sempai first year!"

Grace just ignores him, and I laugh "Pitchers on the mound, catcher behind the plate, and batters at home." I heard the coach yell. I look at Grace happily begging her with my eyes. She sulks and sighs "Fine but only for a while then we get to bat." I nod, accepting the compromise. I see Miyuki staring at us with what looks like longing. I turn to Grace, and she shrugs. I nod and happily skip to the mound.

When I got there, I only saw 3 other pitchers. I smile realizing I have seen one yesterday. What was his name 'Ugh I can't remember, oh well.'

"Hello I'm Alex Herandez. Just call me Alex. I am a 2nd year." I say with a smile.

The shorter one bows and says "Nice to meet you, Alex- San. My name's Kawakami. I am a second year too!"

He sounds nervous. I smile "Awesome."

The tall one says "Saturo Fruya. First year!" I feel some pressure from him like he won't let me take his position. How cute he thinks this will suppress me. I tur to the tallest unfazed and he states stoically "Tanba Koichiro. Third year."

I laugh and bow "Nice to meet you all."

Once done with introductions I catch Grace glaring and I immediately start stretching. "What kind of pitches can you throw "Alex- San" Kawakami asks shyly.

I smile and think "I can do a total of 14 with my battery partner, but even then, both him and Grace couldn't catch 3 or 4 of my pitches. So, depending on weather my sister or catcher are catching for me 10 or 11."

Their eyes widen and I just shrug. Tanba sempai is the first to speak up "Then will you form a battery with that punk Miyuki?"

I laugh "Punk, I totally agree sempai, but no, as of now, I won't form a battery with anyone but my sister!" I say and pause when I see there looks of confusion "I look for unconditional trust between my battery partner and me. Based on how he treated me when I got here. I do not trust he can make the right calls for me. Right now, I need someone who can catch most of my pitches, and game call for me effectively in a way that will satisfy me. And right now, I do not think he can do that for me."

They looked shocked but once my words sunk in a look of understanding crosses the second, third, and even the first years faces.

"Alex get your butt on the mound and stop talking!" Grace yells from her position behind home plate. I laugh and respond to her in natural English "Okay, Going!" I turn to the 3 pitcher "May I go first my sister is impatient to start she wants to finish so she can join the batters."

They nod and Tanba sempai says, "Go ahead." I sense the 1st year displeasure and impatient, I laugh he is like a harmless disgruntled kitten.

I step onto the mound, and the coach yells "3 out rule will apply!"