Chapter 11

Hello everyone,

So before this chapter starts I just wanted to do 2 things. The first is apologize I know I have been updating very slowly but life has been busy and crazy. See I am a student so I write whenever I can which happens to be anywhere I can put down my ideas as they pop up in my head. I have written way more than what has been posted here but I have to take time to rewrite each part so that they are organized in the right order, and then I type each part out.  The second thing I want to say is to thank you for reading! When I started this story it was for self-satisfaction because I wanted more DNA fanfic so I started writing this for myself. Then when I told my friend and they liked it too so I typed it out and posted it here to make it easier for them to read. I never thought anyone else would want to read it nor would people like it, and I never thought this story would ever reach 1K total reads. So thank you guys for reading. Okay, I will stop my long-winded letter to you guys here. Enjoy the chapter!

Sincerely,

ashthebookreader

P.s. Also if you guys can comment on whether you would prefer me to write the whole day in the story in a single chapter (which might take longer for me to type it all out) or if you guys are okay with the way I have been posting the chapters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out after changing into pajamas, brushing my teeth, and towel drying my hair to a room that is full of people. I walk to an emotionless Grace at her desk "I thought you only invited Kura?"

She nods "But Mochi invited Sawamura. Sawamura invited Chris, he invited Tetsu and the other 3rd years tagged along including Miyuki. Ryu also invited his younger brother indirectly through Sawamura." I laugh at the chain reaction. "You should watch your video," Grace adds quietly.

I nod "I will."

I turn to sit at my desk when I hear my name coming from the TV. "Number 25 Alex Hernandez comes up to bat next! Will she be able to hit a home run and break the tie for her team?" I look at the TV in horror and glance at Grace whose I get wider. She hadn't noticed they were watching my state semifinal game. One of the games I was not happy about. I look back to the TV closing my eyes not needing to watch to remember what happened next.

The pitcher tried to hit me every time I came up to bat. We were at the bottom of the 7th and we were tied 2-2. I took a deep breath to focus. Two can play that game. The next pitch I step back and hit the ball trying to hit me. I use all my strength and send it over the fence. The crowd goes wild as I drop the bat, and put out my fist towards my team, and start jogging through the bases. As I reach 3rd the 3rd baseman steps on my foot. I feel the pain as I keep going pretending, I just tripped on accident. I laugh and keep going ignoring the pain.

"Darn it! Jose hold the camera!" I hear Grace say in the video as I walked to the dugout

"Why?" I hear voice captain asks.

"That dirty 3rd baseman stepped on Alex. I think her ankle is sprained. I gotta go look for Dad."

"Go!" he responds with a serious and panicked voice.

Once I reach the dugout, I am surrounded by the guys all giving me high fives. I laugh. I see Daemon cross his arms. 'Darn I think he is on to me!' He narrows his eyes and I shake my head at him and gesture to Matthew he was a freshman. He was scared because besides Daemon, him, and me we were the only pitchers left that could play today. I wasn't going to recover by the finals tomorrow. I was the only one who could hold off this dirty team whose style was aimed at breaking the opponent's pitchers. He frowns but nods. Ty notices and goes to tell the coach, but his twin stops him. I walk over to stop their glares "Ty it's your turn to bat!"