[19] Zoning out

[awkward Hekili...]

Tutor time passes in no time, because we had free time so we basically just messed around on our surface pro's for 20 minutes. Me and Neteyam are now heading to German. He's still really tired but I can't do anything to make better...

Can I?

"What are you doing after school today?" I look down at him, curious if he's got an activity or something. "I'm trying out for a new hockey team" He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. "You play hockey? Like... Ice hockey? Like with stick and a puck?" Dude why didn't I expect him to play hockey... It seems so like him as well...

"Uh yeah. I'm not that good though..." He looks down, rubbing the back of his neck. "Are you kidding? Teyam was literally the best player on his old team!" Kiri spawns out of nowhere and speaks up. Neteyam jumps and backs away against me, making my face go red.

"N-no I hardly was" He mumbles, looking down. "Really brother? Is that why you got recruited for a team here?" Kiri says sarcastically, nudging her brother in the shoulder before beginning to walk off.

"Don't listen to her, she's joking around" I chuckle at his attempt to redeem himself. "If you say so Teyam" I walk ahead of him and enter the German classroom first.

"Gutenmorgen klasse" The teacher greets us, pointing to two seats in the back right corner for us to sit in. "Halo Frau Schmidt!" I responds, sitting down first and pulling out the chair for Neteyam.

He sits down groggily and takes out his surface, leaving it closed on his desk. I look over to the other side of me, and see Artemis sitting face down on the desk. I'm not worried about it though, they always sleep in class.

Sean and Ivy both have Spanish now and French as lesson two. I don't like French very much it's really hard for me to speak.

German literally flies by and it's already time for lunch. [And no that's not because I am too lazy to write the lesson down] I get up as soon as the bell rings and I see Callan standing outside the door staring at the window while he waits for his friend, Erin.

"Neteyam, we're eating with Kiri and Tsireya and such, right?" He nods, groggily standing up and following after me. As we walk past the staircase to get to the cafeteria, through the window to outside I see Artemis' friend group.

The six of them usually eat lunch out there together. Their names were Artemis (of course), Sarah, Charles (Donahue), Sandy, Collin, and Nikos. They are so cool dude. They usually act out scenes or something at lunch. I heard Artemis and Nikos once having some kind of multilingual conversation while using sign language to make things clear.

Like dude... Maybe one day...

We get to the cafeteria and surprise surprise Neteyam doesn't have lunch. He just sits down and goes straight on his phone. I sigh and look over at the others who have probably been sitting here a bit longer than us.

"So, what are you guys talking about?" I ask while I exhale, leaning on my table as I try to read their conversations. Ivy and Sean are sitting with us again, so that's great. I look back over at Neteyam.

Did he even have breakfast this morning.

I feel my watch buzz twice, signaling a notification. I look down and see a message from Kiri. 'Can you please tell him to eat?' I divert my gaze up to the girl who's sitting opposite me. Another buzz. 'There's more chance that he'll listen to you' I roll my eyes and turn to Neteyam.

"Teyam?" I tap him on the shoulder softly, trying to get his attention without scaring him. "HUH?! Oh Ao'nung" I chuckle a bit at the way his tone soften from the stressed out screaming, but I also feel bad that I scared him.

"Can you please try to eat something?" I ask in the gentlest voice I can muster. He looks up at me, thinking about it for a moment.

"I... Uh... M..." He trails off, looking down. "You don't have to eat a lot, just a tiny bit" I add quickly, hoping to reassure him. "Fine" I smile and take my lunchbox out of my bag, finding a [squishy] strawberry and handing it to him.

[Sound familiar @Floofy_Guinea_pig, @chonkehbeaver and @happydays123321????]

He stares down at it for a moment, thinking about whether he is going to eat it. He carefully puts it in his mouth and chews on it for a good ten minutes. During that time, I'd gone on my phone and beaten like two thousand levels of a game.

I look up and see Neteyam on his phone as well, I guess he finished eating. "Good job" I smile down at him, patting him on the shoulder. He doesn't say anything but smiles a bit, I'm glad he's feeling better than he was this morning.

"What do we have now?" I ask, already having forgotten what our next lesson is. "We have... Uhm..." He takes his schedule out of his bag and checks. "We have English then Drama" He explains and I smile. "YES! I love Drama!" I grin, punching the air.

"Heyyyy Ao'nung!" I jump out of my seat when I feel arms wrap around my shoulders. I turn around quickly and see a girl with long auburn hair and brown eyes. "Lexi, what do you want." I roll my eyes, sighing as I lean my head in my hand.

"Come on Ao'nung! Just give me another chance! I promise I'll show you a good time!" She shakes me by the shoulder a bit. "No Lexi! I told you that I'm not interested." I say firmly, pushing her away from me.

I see her looking over at Neteyam and my heart stops for a moment. I jump to my feet and bring myself in between her and my... my friend. 'Don't even think about it' I mouth at her, death glaring her.

"Geez calm down" She puts her hands up. That stupid bitch.

I sit down again, taking a deep breath to try and calm myself. I look over at Neteyam and see him staring at me. "What?" I ask softly, tilting my head curiously. He snaps out of his trance and smiles guiltily at me.

"Sorry, zoned out"

Okay sorry about this but I really needed to add this at the end. SO I was researching schools in Vermont for another book, and I was looking at pictures of schools so I could get a better sense of how the characters could fit in there... And I found this....

[If you're wondering, I named this file : Burlington high school is the goat

[If you're wondering, I named this file : Burlington high school is the goat. In full caps]

Also dude coincidence x100000 because the school I clicked on was the one we learned about in Dutch... (friends from school it's the one with the escalators...)

Any ways tank u for rrrreading haz a nice day/night! 💙