Scene 1 - A New World

A series easily known worldwide, it has become a television institution like no other. Created by Sydney Newman, Verity Lambert, Donald Wilson, and CE "Bunny" Webber, their series of a "Thing that looks like a police box, stuck in a junkyard, can move anywhere in time and space", has generated a universal following that remains unlike any other form of cult entertainment. The series originally centred around two school teachers who are whisked away in a time machine that can travel anywhere in the fourth and fifth dimension. That ship was the TARDIS, an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space), and belonged to an enigmatic, cranky yet brilliant scientist.

We hear the sound of the whirring of the TARDIS controls. The ship sustains a difficult flight through the time vortex. Various screeches are sounded, and we see the bright blue light of the Eighth Doctor's TARDIS console beaming at the camera, brightening our view, and projecting an abstract light around us. We see glimpses of various sections of the TARDIS control room as the ship groans and wheezes, as well as the War Doctor's face in a close-up shot. Eventually, the bright beaming light begins to fade and dissipate into a bright whiteness, encapsulating our view.

The sound of the TARDIS materialises, and we are presented with an entirely new setting. A ravaged world following the brutality of the Daleks. A once glorious world left in ruins, poisoned by radiation, and covered in toxic mud fills the horizon to which we see the TARDIS materialise. We see the TARDIS sit on the mud, and the bubbles seethe once the TARDIS lands. The doors open, revealing the War Doctor and his acquaintance Starla. They observe the world presented before them. Starla takes an unpleasant look into the mud.

Starla:

Oh no.

Doctor:

What?

Starla:

You telling me we have to go through that?

Doctor:

What's the matter with you? A bit of mud won't harm you.

Starla:

How do you know you are just going to sink down when you step through?

Doctor:

Time to find out. Don't hang about in it.

The Doctor steps out and quickly goes through the mud. Reluctantly, Starla then carefully wonders through, watching where she steps. As they continue along, the mud becomes easier to tread through, until there is nothing sticky to walk on a muddy surface.

Starla:

Where are we?

Doctor:

Some kind of transmission that has drawn the TARDIS off course. A distress signal maybe. But whatever it is, I'd imagine it would have something to do with the affairs of my people and the Daleks.

Starla:

If there's people in need, then we can help, right?

Doctor:

We do what is best. To bring this nightmare to an end.

We hear a noisy slurping in the mud. Starla turns back.

Starla:

The TARDIS!

The TARDIS slowly seeps down into the mud, before it submerges deep within the sludge. Eventually, the mud completely covers the roof of the TARDIS.

Well now how are we going to get out of this place?

Doctor:

We take a look around and see what we might be able to use to dig it out.