Scene 3 - Tracking Signal

The Doctor and Starla carefully wander through the tunnels within the rocks. The passages are large and filled with lots of space for the Doctor and his companion to explore through. Some of the other passages that lead to dead ends are smaller and become gradually thinner. The tunnels are well-lit and echo out to the rest of the interconnected passages.

Doctor:

Odd. Feel as if I've been through here before.

The Doctor has a flashback of the passage he went through along Skaro in his nightmare.

Starla:

I'm sorry?

Doctor:

Nothing. Just these tunnels look alike.

Starla:

We alone on this planet?

Doctor:

Maybe some colonists about. Mercis has been designated as suitable for supporting human life.

Starla:

Then what do we expect to find down here?

Doctor:

The relic of the Daleks.

We then cut to the Dalek control room stationed on Mercis. A silver drone Dalek continues to monitor the screen, showing the archaeologists and Doctor and Starla, at different points within the rocks, leading to the same destination in the centre. Life signs are also tracked, allowing the Daleks to observe who is on the planet.

Ragger:

I don't like this place. What good are more rocks to find in this place?

Bevery:

If we had something to fidget with on us that would help to calm our nerves down.

Grake:

You'll calm my nerves down once I get rid of you lot.

The Dalek then turns away from the monitor, and we are presented with the Dalek control room hidden away on Mercis. We see the typical Dalek control panels and instrumentation along the wall. Four silver Daleks are present, an Emperor Guard Dalek acting as Supreme Dalek, and three standard silver Daleks. One Dalek has a scoop controlling the activity of a substance housed within a gigantic white oscillating control unit stretching up to the roof, which manages the Daleks' operation on Mercis. Inside is another deadly bacterium being created and prepared to be unleashed.

Dalek 1:

HUMAN SUBJECTS ARE FOLLOWING DIVERSION TRAIL!

Guard Dalek:

THEIR FINDINGS WILL PRODUCE SATISFACTORY RESULTS FOR THEIR EARTH COUNCIL TO BRING EARTH SHIP TO MERCIS!

Dalek 1:

THEN WE MAY SPREAD OUR POWER!

Dalek 2:

THE HUMANS WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE SUBJECTED TO NEW EXPERIMENT!

Guard Dalek:

THE SPREAD OF HUMANITY WILL BE WEAKENED BY THE DALEKS! WE SHALL THEN BECOME THE ONLY LIFE FORMS LEFT IN EXISTENCE!

A huge booming voice comes from the shadowy front ahead of the Daleks.

Emperor Dalek:

WHERE ARE THE HUMANS NOW!

The Daleks stop what they are doing and come at the front, raising their plungers and looking up high. The shadow then reveals the Emperor Dalek!