Scene 8 - Less Of You

We cut to see the planet Mercis, a world devastated by the Daleks. The rocks have dried up and darkened any life or sustenance within. The sky has darkened to a miserable, bleak smog. Death and poison have ravaged the planet, leaving damaged remains and dried-up husks of beings left across Mercis. We view back to the hill where the Daleks were entombed in. Several hundred years have passed, and we are presented with the remnants of the mountain. It has regrown and adapted to allow new tunnels and passages to be accessible.

We see the silver Daleks within the mountain, establishing newly constructed technology and machinery. The activity of the Daleks is slowed as a result of their weakened power. The remnants of the Emperor gather rust. The remains of the archaeologists, after being gruesomely killed on Mercis, have had their remnants reanimated crudely by the Daleks. Distorted features have been stitched up on them to bring life back to them, or what was left of them.

Whilst the archaeologists are certainly dead, their remnants act like zombies with emotionless expressions and stumble at a slow pace. These reanimated remnants of the members of the archaeologists act as servants for the Daleks, usually operating machinery and carrying out instructions under their guidance which would be beyond the reach of the Daleks.

Dalek 1:

POWER OPERATIONAL!

Dalek 2:

BEGIN RETESTING OF COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS!

We hear the voice of another Davros. His voice sounds even more tired and crippled. Davros' upper body has become even more stitched up with wires and cables. Davros has begun to evolve more and more into a Dalek. His torso is beginning to be encased in Dalek-like armour, and his voice becomes more Dalek-sounding. His arms are now encased in the Dalek-like armour with extendable arms which clench onto collected items that are present in his new form.

Davros:

Activate it at once.

Dalek 1:

TRANSMISSION SCRAMBLING! NO COMMUNICATION ESTABLISHED!

Dalek 2:

SYSTEMS NON-SUSTAINING! THE DALEKS ARE FAILING! FAILING!

Davros:

Keep trying. We must contact Skaro. Locate the fault. It must be somewhere in reach for us. The Daleks must survive. The Daleks will succeed.

The communications device continues to scramble, and then power down.

Dalek 1:

POWER GOING!

Davros:

The Daleks will survive. Survive. And survive we must.

A voice comes from the shadows.

Doctor:

The Daleks are rooted in survival.

The Doctor emerges. The War Doctor is older, without Starla travelling with him. He holds out his new version of the Sonic Screwdriver.

That is what makes it terrifying for the universe. Knowing that the Dalek menace never ends.

Davros:

Doctor!

Dalek 1:

THE ENEMY OF THE DALEKS! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

The Daleks try to fire at the Doctor, but their guns do not have sufficient power. Their energy was drained from the collapse of their previous scientific elite, and operate with minimal power in their damaged, drained state.