Scene 9 - To The TARDIS

We cut to the paths showing the way out of the hideout. The Doctor leads carefully, followed by Davros, and three silver Daleks. We see the corroded colour of the rocks and the dead, withered-up vegetation and nutrients from the walls and soil. We see this pass along as the Doctor and the Daleks continue through the tunnel.

Davros:

You have left your TARDIS outside on the planet's surface.

Doctor:

Yes.

Dalek 1:

TO SEE THE SIGHT OF THE SKY! TO WITNESS THE WIND BLOWING UPON THE DALEKS! AND TO LIVE AGAIN AS FREE BEINGS!

The Doctor dislikes what he has heard from the Dalek.

Davros:

We shall be the first upon many species of our race to rebuild and strengthen alliances between species to species. By bringing in a new...

The Doctor is caught by one of the Ourobphomes. The tendril coils around his neck, slithering around and suffocating him as its strength continues to squeeze the Doctor. As the Doctor struggles against the creature, the Doctor remembers the terrible nightmare he had about Davros and the Daleks before the creatures consumes his life essence. Its alien, slimy body crunches as the Ourobphome begins to wrap around the Doctor's head to begin its absorption of him. The sequence is replayed. The Doctor is presented with an image as if Davros was torturing him as the Ourobphome was killing him, rather than the Ourobphome itself.

Davros:

You were always one to underestimate my power, Doctor. But now, your time has come. Time to feast. The time has come to exterminate our greatest nemesis. The Doctor! Exterminate him!

The Daleks begin to surround the Doctor.

Daleks:

EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

The Doctor tries to break out, but he is helpless. The Daleks exterminate him.

Doctor:

No. NO! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

The Doctor cries out as the Ourobphome suffocates it's maggot-like tendril around his head, draining his life essence away. We hear the sizzling and smoking as the Doctor's life essence is absorbed. Davros quickly acts to what he is seeing.

Davros:

Kill it. Kill it, quick!

The Daleks blast the Ourobphomes. The creatures explode down from the wall onto the ground as the slimy substance explodes onto the ground. The creatures are destroyed, and the Doctor recovers from the terrible experience. He takes deep breaths in to regain himself.

Davros:

Are you alright, Doctor?

Doctor:

I'm fine. Thank you. I'm much obliged.

Davros:

I would have thought that the virus and the collapse of the mountain would have destroyed these beings.

Doctor:

They've been regrowing. Feeding on the last succulent nutrients they could nourish on. They absorb their host's nutrients through the paws of their gooey flesh. On the victim's flesh.

Davros:

My Daleks will lead. To ensure that there are no more Ourobphomes left throughout these tunnels.

Doctor:

To make sure you keep me alive to get to my TARDIS?

Davros:

How could you say such a thing? We are companions. You save us from extinction. I save you from death. We save the universe together.

The Doctor and Davros value each other.

Dalek 1:

WE WILL CONTINUE TO ADVANCE AHEAD! TWO OF US WILL LEAD!

Two Daleks lead ahead, followed by the Doctor and Davros, and the third Dalek. We then exit out from the tunnels to see the dead planet, a murky grey haze fills the chilling atmosphere. Without a remote sign of life or hope on Mercis, the Daleks, the Doctor, and Davros emerge.

Dalek 2:

THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST TRANQUILITY! MERCIS WILL BE OUR FIRST TRANQUILITY WE SHALL WITNESS!

Davros:

I'm sure the Doctor could offer more charming sights for the Daleks to observe and take note of first.

Doctor:

This way.

We then see the Doctor lead the way along the mountain, followed by Davros and the three Daleks around to the TARDIS. The TARDIS is situated beside the mountain, hidden away by the swirling fog and dreary rocks. They arrive up to it.

Davros:

So this is the TARDIS.

Doctor:

Yes. Time Lord travel makes Dalek time machines look very crude and unstable.

Davros:

That will be something for us to improve upon. With your help.

The Doctor unlocks the doors and opens them. He then turns to the Daleks and Davros.

Doctor:

Then here we are. The gateway to all of time and space. The door to anything that ever was and ever will be.

The Doctor enters. We see the Doctor enter the War Doctor's standard TARDIS console, redesigned from the 8th Doctor's TARDIS interior. The Doctor then goes to the console where we see him operate various new devices and panels, in which the camera takes a good view at overviewing the new TARDIS console for the first time. We see Davros and the Daleks enter into the console, observing and watching over the instruments and the inter-dimensional world of the TARDIS. The Doctor programs the console, prepared to interfere in case the Daleks attempt to take over. He also sets the coordinates for a new destination in the universe.

Davros:

Brilliant. A brilliant technical and engineering achievement.

Doctor:

That's saying a lot coming from you, Davros.

Davros:

I mean, the ability to place one larger space, compressed into a smaller dimension. Magnificent. I should love to learn the secret of it. And I shall. With your guidance.

Doctor:

You most certainly will. As I discover more about your Daleks and how we can evolve the universe.

Dalek 2:

WE WILL PROVIDE NECESSARY SPACE FOR YOU TO COMPLETE YOUR WORK!

Dalek 1:

WHERE SHALL BE THE FIRST DESTINATION WE SHALL OBSERVE!

The Doctor operates the TARDIS console. We see the central column beginning to rise up and down as the Daleks and Davros observe how the Doctor operates the TARDIS instruments to learn how to take over the TARDIS...