Scene 5 - Humans Detected

We continue to see the Daleks emerge through the tunnels after the Doctor and the others. Three silver Daleks are seen hunting through the passage.

Dalek 1:

HUMAN BEINGS DETECTED! THEY WILL NOT ESCAPE!

The members of the archaeological team peer out, and see oncoming Daleks.

Scathe:

Daleks!

Rugger:

They're not getting me! I'm out of here.

Rugger, Scathe, Bevery, and Agax all quickly try to escape. Starla, Grake, and then the Doctor all try to hurry out as the Daleks emerge. Rugger sprints out first, but he is caught by the Ourobphomes. He screams as he runs into them. They coil around his head like a snake.

Bevery:

Rugger!

The others quickly try to make a break for it, leaving Rugger to die in agony. The creatures quickly absorb his nutrients, and then reduce his flesh to a pile of skeletal bones.

Doctor:

Ourobphomes. Keep back. Keep away from them!

The others quickly hurry away through the opposing passageway.

Dalek 1:

HALT!

The Dalek fires at the Doctor, missing him but forcing him to stop. The Doctor was trapped.

YOU ARE OUR PRISONER, AND YOU WILL OBEY ALL ORDERS YOU ARE INSTRUCTED!

The Doctor looks at the skeletal husk of Rugger. His bones still smoke and hiss following the gruesome death. Davros then emerges up to the Doctor.

Davros:

Now. Hunt the humans out. Keep him under supervision. Any of the survivors are to surrender, bring them altogether to Dalek Command.

Daleks:

WE OBEY!

Some of the Daleks keep the Doctor hostage. He frowns angrily at the Daleks. Other Daleks pursue after the humans. We see Starla and the archaeologists escaping from the Daleks. Agax still holds a detector to hunt where the Daleks.

Starla:

Doctor!

Grake:

It's no good now. The Daleks have him.

Bevery:

And they'll do exactly the same thing they did to Rugger.

Agax:

We've got a fix. Invading Daleks are tracked with this. Look.

We see on the scanner the emerging Daleks through the tunnels.

Starla:

Well, come on. They'll soon be after us.

As the humans escape, we see them approach more deadly Ourobphomes ahead of them, shocking the party.

Grake:

Take your time. Head around them. Slowly.

The five of them head around a set carefully. The creatures are disorientated with their activity, sensing their presence, and hungering to feast on them. We continue to see the Daleks chasing after the humans. A Dalek passes along a cluster of Ourobphomes. They coil around the first Dalek.