Chapter 14

Four years later

Axel

"Happy anniversary, baby." I whispered, kissing my wife awake as my lips travelled along her throat. I took in a deep breath, letting all my senses fill with her scent. Gods, she smelled divine. Spencer curled her arms around my neck and pulled me flush against her.

It has been four years of utter bliss and I was so ready to start a family with her after we found out the truth. Like I thought, she was an amazing Luna and our people loved her. For every challenge or task, she handled it with grace. Idris was my Beta, but it was like he shifted his duty to her. But I didn't mind at all. As long as she was safe and happy, I was. A few months after we banished Marianne and Eveline, they crossed the seas and hadn't stepped back on US grounds since.

My finger brushed against the opal necklace on her neck. Idris, Spence and I asked subtly around about Eveline and my mother, not wanting my father to know. Not unless we knew for sure. I didn't want him to have his heart broken once again. We found out that Eveline was indeed jealous of my mother. For the fact she was loved by all, even before she became Luna. Jealous about her looks, and her popularity. It got worse when my father recognised my mother as his Mate. If you would count her jealousy and her crazy want for my father and power into consideration with the fact that my mother died unexpectedly, we knew something must have happened. But we couldn't find any more information on how or what happened. I never wanted to see Eveline again, but my insides gnawed at me, at it will probably keep gnawing at me until I found out the truth.

Spence cupped my cheek. "We will find out the truth, Ax. I promise." She said as if she could read my mind. "And I don't mind waiting."

I arched a brow, not quite following. She reached up and kissed me softly.

"I know you want to find out the truth about your mother first. Before – before we start a family."

I never voiced those words out loud but still, she knew. I kissed her, more deeply this time. "You know me too well," I whispered against her lips. "I just don't think I can be the father I want to be right now. One day maybe." Her eyes shifted away at the last word but said.

"I should hope so." She chuckled. "I am your wife."

I grinned. "I can't get enough of hearing that." And I truly couldn't. Even after four years, it still amazes me that she agreed to marry me. That I could wake up next to her every day. That I can claim her any moment of the day. We were as insatiable as the moment we Marked each other. It hadn't wavered an inch. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow." She answered. I let my head fall in the crook of her shoulder and groaned. She was going to London for a week to meet up with her old friends. She hasn't been there since after our wedding. And due to the surprise of my father, I got to join her back then. We made a honeymoon out of it. Now, she was going with Idris and Deacon. I wish I could join but lately, there had been tension between some of the nearby packs. And it would be foolish of me to leave right now. Her hand went through my hair. "Only five days. I'll be back before you know it."

"I'm going to be a mean grump for five days," I muttered. She laughed. "It's going to be the longest time we've been apart in four years."

"Are you going to miss me, my Alpha?"

"With everything in me, my Luna." I said as I started trailing kisses down her bare stomach. Ever since we Marked each other, we slept together every night and completely naked. Which makes the next part easier as I spread her legs and buried my head between them.

"Come in." I grunted, already grumpy and Spencer only left last night.