013

"Do I look good? Oh- my hair!" He said.

"No, leave it down. My parents would probably like that."I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Well duh I know my parents Mikey." I said.

He sighed. "Yeah I guess you right."

TIME SKIP

"Just so you know, my dad is kinda overprotective so he may be a little hard on you for the first time but once he gets used to you he's really a good guy. My mom, She's gonna love you." I said.

He nodded. "Okay."

"You ready?" I asked his raising my eyebrows. "Ready than I'll ever be I guess."

I opened the door with my key as I smelt my mom's enchiladas. "Mami?" I said. She was then taking the food out of the oven. "Oh, hi Mi Nina." She said out of breath.

"I'm so happy you could make it." She said hugging me. "Oh hi mijo! You must be miguel." She said giving Miguel a hug. He looked surprised but happy at the same time as he hugged her back.

"I see your making your enchiladas." I said. "Yeah, I am." She said.

TIME SKIP
My dad finally walked into the kitchen. "Hey Marcus." My mom said doing a light smile. "This is Miguel."

My dad nodded and sat down. I looked at the ceiling and so did miguel. "Uh let's eat!" My mom said.

"Yeah." We all said grabbing things to take to the dining room. "Is it just me or does dad seem kinda calm?" I asked whispering in my mom's ear.

"No I noticed to, but don't complain this is a good thing." She said giggling which caused me to also giggle.

we sat down at the table and it was silent. The silence was so loud that I almost started laughing ( I do this in real life)

"Cant you guys just talk already?" I asked. Miguel, My mom And dad then turned there eyes on me.

"Right, uh miguel where do you work?" My mom asked. "I'm a janitor." He said. "Where?" My dad asked.

"A high school" He said. My dad then looked at me with a okay face. "Not now!" I mouthed to him.

"So do you live in a apartment or house?" My mom asked. "I live in a house, it's like a luxury house." He said.

My dad then choked on his water. I smiled. My dad always judged a book by its cover. He didn't think Miguel had much money since he was a janitor. I always smiled thinking about Miguel's house. It was so nice...

OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE: