0.4

Karma was waiting for her father in the drawing room. She had multiple suitcases— all the color black— resting next to the floo while she sat on the hard, but oddly comfortable couch. The young girl had an annoyed look painted on her face that indicated she was not excited to be leaving France. But, on the inside Karma was happy to be returning to Britain. Of course, she enjoyed her time in Marseille, but she wanted to begin her task, said task being: ruining Tom Riddle's life.

So, here she was sitting on her Aunt's couch waiting for her father. Opal was nowhere to be seen after Grindelwald had made his departure. But, Karma didn't feel like seeking her out to say goodbye.

Soon, the fireplace was alight with green flames, when the flames died standing in their place was her father. Karma noted to herself he didn't look much different, other than some of his beard had begun graying.

Keoni looked around for a moment before his eyes landed on Karma who was still sitting. He mentally noted that she hadn't changed much either, the only obvious difference was her long curly hair, was now shoulder-length and straight. But, other than that she still looked the same as she had a year ago.

"Father." Karma addressed, Keoni also noticed her accent had become much more prominent, he wondered if she spoke French regularly with her aunt.

"Karma, how are you." He asked, as he stepped out of the fireplace and slowly began making his way towards her.

Standing up, Karma brushed down her dress, "Fine. How about yourself?"

"I'm well. Are these all your bags?" Keoni gestured towards the multiple suitcases.

"Yes, that's all." Karma had walked over to Keoni now standing next to him. Looking down at her Keoni asked, "Is your Aunt Opal around?"

Looking up at him Karma answered with a slight eye roll, "I don't know where she is I haven't seen her since this morning."

Keoni slightly raised his eyebrows wondering where the Selwyn lady was, "Don't you want to say goodbye?"

"No," Karma answered bluntly, Keoni was curious as to why his daughter didn't want to bid goodbye to her Aunt, but he didn't question it.

"Well then, let's get going, I don't want to waste time here. I'll let you floo first and I will come behind you with your luggage." While speaking Keoni was glancing at Karmas' luggage debating if he'd need to take more than one trip.

"Perfect, I'll see you at the Manor," Karma said, making her way towards the floo. Before, she reached it though she felt a hand on her shoulder causing her to halt. Turning her head, she realized Keoni was looking at her necklace. Removing his hand from her shoulder he lightly touched the small pendant.

"Where did you get this." Keoni had a look in his eye that Karma identified as worry.

"Did Auntie not tell you?" Karma questioned making her words sound innocent and confused.

"No. What was she supposed to tell me." Keoni removed his eyes from the deathly hallows symbol, now placing them on Karmas' face.

"Mr. Grindalwald stayed with us for a while, he gave this to me as a parting gift." Keoni's face contoured into something unreadable, even for Karma. But, she had to guess he was angry about the situation, especially since Opal hadn't informed him about Grindelwald's stay.

"Ah." He sighed out finally dropping the pendant he was still lightly holding. "Well, we best get going." Keoni mumbles still adoring an unreadable expression.

"Yes, we better." Karma agreed quickly brushing by him and heading towards the floo. Karma knew her father was unsettled by the revelation that Grindelwald had been living in the same house as her for an unknown amount of time. But, that didn't concern Karma at the moment she was sure her father wouldn't bring it up to her again. Grabbing and handful of powder, she quickly dropped it while clearly stating 'Lestrange Manor.' Keoni watched her disappear in a flurry of green flames. When the flames were completely dissipated he turned on his heels and started walking in the opposite direction of the floo. Keoni was on a mission to find Opal and question why the hell she let Grindelwald stay with them, but he'd soon realize Aunt Opal was nowhere to be found.