Near death, near you Part 3

Merlin's POV

I had said to Arthur I am strong but I've never had to take much torture before. I mean there was that one time with Morgana but this wasn't going to be the same. I knew this was going to be the hardest thing I would ever encounter.

I could easily escape before this all began but I don't want to reveal my magic or less it needs to be. I've kept my secret for a long time, I have wanted Arthur to find out for a long time but I'm not sure its the right time, not yet. I'll have to bare through this and Arthur and I will have to escape as soon as possible.

The kidnapper made his two men who had hold of me chuck me into a room and once he was inside with me the two guys left and locked the door. I wonder what this guy has planned?

"So we can do this the hard way or the easy way," he smiles.

"Well better get started with the hard way then," I tell him.

"You will protect him? Even if that means you lose your life for it huh?"

"Yes, till the end."

"At least I know," he laughs.

"So what you going to do?" I ask him.

"Nothing right now," he laughs. I look at him confused.

Arthur's POV

"No," I gasp as I watch him kick his leg right into Merlin's stomach.

"I could kill you both now if I wanted. Tell me now!" he shouts as he kicks into Merlin again.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"You maybe the King and I could kill you but Camelot will carry on because of your Queen. I need to know how to break into the castle," he says.

"I won't do that," I tell him.

"Even if that means I take your servants life," he sneers as he pulls out a knife and stabs it into his leg.

"No please," I beg.

"Tell me or next time it will end up somewhere else."

"Arthur no don't worry about me."

I look right at Merlin, my heart is breaking but I can tell how much Merlin will protect me and how much he would hate me if I gave anything away.

I shake my head knowing this would be the worse mistake I could ever make in my life.I watch in horror as the man stabs Merlin in the stomach before he chucks Merlin to the ground and leaves the cell.

"Maybe in a couple of hours you will come to your senses if not your servant will die."

I waited until they had gone before I rushed over to Merlin. "Merlin no," I cried.

"Arthur, I need you to escape. I'll get the door open but then you must run and not come back. You will want to leave me anyway," he whispers to me.

"What are you on about?" I ask confused.

I watch Merlin lift his hand up and I watch in shock as the door to the cell opens by itself. I look at Merlin. "You have magic?

"I do, Arthur."

"I no, you...why didn't you do this earlier?" I ask.

"Because I could only reveal my secret if I knew I was ready to maybe face my death. You believe magic to be evil and that's mean you will think that about me. I was born with it, its always be apart of me. I didn't choice it but I used it for good I always have. I just wanted to use it to keep you safe, Arthur. I'm sorry for lying to you, I was worried it would cause a lot of problems between me and you and your father when he was alive."

"Can't you heal yourself?" I ask. I am in shock, the last thing I would of thought was Merlin had magic but since he is dying right now all I care about is that he will live even if that means magic must be used.

"Arthur, go leave me. Maybe this is my time."

"No you maybe near death Merlin but I'm still going to be near you."

"What about my magic?" I ask.

"You can explain more later, come lets go." I help Merlin to his feet and we struggle out the cell. We have to get out of here now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go guys :)

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed it let me know what you think