I will never forget you, Merlin Part One

Tears flooded her face. Each tear that dropped onto the wooden table made my heart drop further and further. I had no idea she would take it so hard and be like this. I know I've known Gwen for many years. More then anyone  I else, the first one that bothered to really make out I was more then just an idiiot. So, deep down I knew this was coming. As soon as I whispered those words. Words which would hurt anyone close to me, I saw the tears before they even came. So why did I find this hard? Why was I finding it hard like I hadn't expected it at all?

Sometimes you can't stop things and a destiny is one of those things. In my heart my destiny isn't over but in Arthur's heart it is. As much as I try deny it or even Gwen it is over. Arthur is to mary Gwen and me..well he wants me to move away. Find a better job, a better place for myself. He said for once in his life he wants to be my friend. Why did he decide that now of all times? I'm not sure but Arthur is King. I can't change his mind, I've tried to do that too many times and failed.

Maybe this is the most important, to keep my job to serve him and my place in Camelot but maybe he is right. For now my destiny is moving on and maybe soon I'll come back and protect Arthur better but for now I'm leaving...

"Oh Gwen please don;t cry. I'm not really going," I said quickly. I couldn't take it anymore. I can't lie to her about this of all things. I'm not leaving, you think I'm that stupid. Arthur will always be my destiny no matter what. But I am taking this up with both hands and I'm going to see how Arthur gets on without me. See if he actually misses me. Mean right? Oh well he will get over it in the end. He'll welcome me back in open arms.

"What, but you just said," she stuttered over her words.

"Its to see how Arthur does without me that is all. I want to see what he does without his servant. Maybe then he will realise he needs me," I laugh.

"That is mean...but I'm glad your not really leaving," she smiled as she brought me into an embrace. Now to break the news to Arthur himself because he probably thinks I'm going to stay. Wait till I see his face.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)