Near death, Near you Part 4

Merlin's POV

I half walked and got half carried along the dark corridors of the castle. I could hear Arthur's heart as my head was pressed against his chest. I tried to take each breath but it was so hard to do that as we rushed along.

I have no idea if we are even going to make out alive. If I just get Arthur out of here, then at least I had fought as much as I could for my destiny. This feels like the time that my life will end. I am in so much pain, I just want it to end but not till Arthur is safe at Camelot.

"Merlin keep with me," he whispered into my ear.

"I will, at least till you are safe," I whisper back.

"You will survive, you won't die here," he tells me.

"How many times have you told your knights that? How many times has that not been true?"

"If my knights are likely to die, I tell them. I tell them that they may not return. There is always a risk of that, you know that as well as I do. You have been serving me long enough to know. But this is different, you will live, I promise you, Merlin. You will not die here, Camelot will be your resting place but not for many years. You won't die on me, idiot."

"Alright if you say so dollop head."

"You maybe near death as I said before but I will be near you in any case," smiles Arthur as Arthur pushed on the door in front of us and light shinned in front of us. We rushed forward just as an bell blared nearby and some guards spotted us.

Here comes trouble!

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)

Hope you enjoyed!