𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 |25|

( Five months later. )

I waddled down the staircase with my hand placed against my swollen stomach. Sensing the touch, blueberry stuck her feet out and gave a light kick.

I chucked and then winced in pain. "You're very active for someone who's supposed to stay in my stomach for seventeen more weeks." My teeth clicked together.

Blueberry kicked again. "Come on." I rubbed my stomach softly and spoke in a gentle voice.

"We're going to see your father." I walked over to the dining table and grabbed the car keys from inside the rainbow fish bowl we used to keep our keys in.

"You're going to help me scare that awful woman away from your daddy before she tries to steal him from us." I said with a hint of distastefulness in my tone.

The last six weeks have been stressful and difficult. I started to show at three months and with my stomach continuing to grow with blueberry, things had become difficult.

It was hard and difficult to switch up and drop things at first. But after a while of adjusting to new changes. I found newer and safer activities to do that were beneficial to both me and blueberry.

The front door creaks and opens. "How are you both doing?"

Both Alec and Elijah walked through the front door carrying shopping bags filled with groceries and snacks I would munch on in the middle of the night when the baby wanted something sweet.

"We're fine." Softly, I rubbed my belly sticking out in the thin white cotton material.

Alec took the bags from Elijah who stood by the front door with his eyes on me and walked in the kitchen to put the groceries away.

"What's wrong?" He approaches me and crosses his hands over his chest. Alec stood in front of the fridge putting away the groceries extra slowly trying to listen in on our conversation.

I stayed silent for a moment, debating on whether or not lying was a good idea. But then, the look on Elijah's face told me he wouldn't believe anything but the truth.

And honestly, I didn't know how much longer I could handle the heightened emotions.

"It's Zade. He's never here for me anymore." The truth began to spill out with such ease. I didn't know it would feel this good to unload it off of my chest until I opened my mouth and spoke it.

"It just feels like after everything finally came together it started to fall apart." I sobbed quietly with tears rolling down my eyes.

The fridge slammed shut and Alec walked back into the dinning room and took in my fragile state. "I'll kill him." He rushed by my side and pulled my head to his chest. I clutched his shirt tightly and chuckled through the tears.

"Don't kill him. It's not his fault."

"How can you sit here and defend him after everything he's done?" Elijah's entire face turned red.

"He hasn't done anything." I tried.

"Exactly. He hasn't done anything. He's not here is he?" He tried to explain but deep down I knew Elijah was still having trouble warming up to Zade and would do anything to get him out of the picture.

But, I fell for it.

"He's not here." I whispered against Alec's chest. "He told me he was going to hire more people so he could be here for the both of us, but he's not here and I'm so damn tired all of the time."

Our Blueberry drained a lot of energy out of me. She wouldn't let me enjoy the foods I had once liked. She kept me up at odd hours throughout the night. It was all about her, everytime and what she wanted.