You Are so Beautiful

Today was the day. I had waken up early to get water for the animals and made sure to give them more food then normal. I was hoping to be back later tonight but this was for just in case.

  "Don't worry Dusk I'll be back." I smiled as I pet his head and gave him an apple. He nuzzled his head into my hand before standing up straight again. I had spent most of the day with Dusk and I could see that it was just around noon now, so I had to get going.

   As normal I walked down the dark hallway that was lit blue. It was strange walking down the hall without Aether but I did my best to ignore that feeling. After all I was a little excited, this is gonna be the first big event I'll be going to, and hopefully of everything goes well it won't be my last.

The floor was wooden in the closet, which I never realized and it also creaked a lot. I held my breath as I walked across, dodging all the clutter as I made it to the hallway door. My hand touched the brass doorknob as I turned it. The sunlight from the hallway windows lit up a sliver in the closet. I peeked my head around the corner. No one was there. My hand pushed the door open just enough for my body to slip out so I could run across the hall.

I was about to knock on the door when I heard footsteps coming in my direction. At this point I just opened the door and rushed in. I was met with the masked face of the queen, the two seamstress and a smiling Rowan.

"I apologize for not knocking, I heard someone coming." I rushed out.

"No need to worry, we are happy you are here." The queen took her hands and placed them in mine to bring me over to the dress. "Are you ready to try the whole thing on?"

"I am!" I beamed.

"Tara, will you help her get in her dress?" The queen asked and the taller woman stepped forward. "And Iris can you come help me get into mine."

Ah, so that's their names.

"Right away. Follow me." Tara said as she took the dress and mask into the back room. I quickly followed behind.

"I will see you out in the ballroom,(Y/n)!" The queen waved as she left.

"Are you ready?" Tara asked as she shut the door.

"As I'll ever be!"

"Nervous?"

"Just a bit, mostly excited though."

"Do you know who you are going to dance with? Is it going to be Aether?" She giggled as she asked, putting on the petticoat.

I shrugged. "He doesn't even know I'm going." I stepped into my dress and pulled it up my body.

"Do you know anyone who will be here?" She asked as she began to button up my dress.

"My friend Terzo will be here." I said and she paused for a second.

"You're friends with him?"

"Yeah? Do you know him?"

"Something like that." She said as she began tying the corset.

"Are you dating him?" I asked as my next logical answer. She let out a laugh at this.

"No, definitely not."

   "Dated him?"

  "Nope. Never even met him." She said as she handed me the mask.
"-Now hold it to your face and I'll tie it." She didn't give me a chance to speak as I laid the mask on my face. The only thing visible were my eyes. "You look so beautiful." Tara said as she clapped her hands.

"I feel beautiful." I smiled as I walked to the mirror. The whole outfit coming together.

There was a knock on the door. "Are you girls ready in there?" The queen asked. "I need to get out to the ball room, guests are already here, (Y/n), I'll meet you out there!"

   "I'll see you there!" I called from the other side.

   "Ready?" Tara asked again with a smile though this time I wasn't so sure.

   "I'm ready."

Word count 690
Get ready for next chapter bc it's gonna be a good one😈😈