Fucking Problems.

Tom POV

It feels wrong to be back, I've gotten so many memories from here which should bring me in a happy mood, but then do the opposite, all of them funny enough involved Ivy. I may be bitter, but I don't give a fuck, I'm done reaching out to someone who made it clear they didn't want my hand. 

As Bill and the others busied themselves with moving our belongings into our new home, my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of finding a familiar face in this town. I excused myself, claiming that I needed to use the bathroom, but instead, I took the opportunity to make a call. I dialed Leroy's number, hoping that he still had what I needed.

"Hey Leroy, it's me, Tom," I said, trying to keep my voice low. "Um, I was wondering if you still... you know?"

Leroy's voice came through the phone, filled with surprise. "Oh, what's up, man? It's been ages. And yeah, I got you. What do you need?"

I explained my request, and we made plans to meet at a specific location. With a sense of urgency, I hurriedly left the house, pretending that I was just going out to buy cigarettes. "Can you please pick me up a pack too? I'm running out as well?!" Bill yelled after me as I walked out the door. I gave him a thumbs-up and headed to my car.

As I drove towards the south side of town, a shameful feeling gnawed at my stomach. I was lying to my brother and my best friends, deceiving them about where I was really going. It weighed heavily on me, but I pushed those thoughts aside, consumed by my immediate desires.

Finally, I arrived at the designated meeting spot. When I stepped out of the car, my eyes landed not on Leroy, but on a stunning woman standing in front of him with her back towards me. She wore a wine-red dress, a black leather jacket draped over her shoulders, fishnet stockings, and her legs adorned with numerous tattoos. Tattoos had always been a turn-on for me, and I felt drawn to her.

I slowly made my way closer, and just as I stood behind her, Leroy spoke up. "Hey, what's up, Tom? Long time no see, brother."

The woman's body seemed to freeze, and she slowly turned around to face me. My jaw dropped in disbelief. Standing there in front of me was Ivy, transformed from the last time I had seen her. She had dyed her hair blonde, accentuating her features with eyeliner, and her body was covered in tattoos. It was a drastic change.

She briefly glanced at me before turning back to Leroy. Her voice carried an angsty tone as she asked, "Can I just have the pills now?"

Leroy seemed taken aback by her behavior. "Yeah, sure," he replied, handing her a small plastic bag. She exchanged it for cash and walked away.

"Well, okay, that's weird," Leroy began, looking puzzled. "She usually stays and takes some with me."

I was left standing there, stunned by the unexpected encounter. The mixture of emotions inside me was overwhelming. Part of me wanted to confront Ivy, to demand answers, but another part just wanted to escape from the situation altogether. Confusion and a sense of longing swirled within me as I tried to make sense of this unexpected reunion.

Tom's mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions as he drove away from the meeting spot, the bag of drugs from Leroy securely hidden away. The unexpected encounter with Ivy had left him reeling, stirring up memories and desires he had tried to bury deep within himself. He needed an escape, a temporary respite from the tumultuous thoughts that threatened to consume him.

As he continued driving, Tom's eyes scanned the streets for the first convenience store he could find. He needed to pick up the cigarettes that Bill had requested, not only to avoid suspicion but also to give himself a reason to leave the house and find solace in his vices. It was a charade he had played countless times before, hiding his true intentions behind a mask of normalcy.