I Ain't No 'Scary Woman'

"Lewin, please do mind your manners." A woman with blonde hair and green eyes, had spoken while scolding the third heir to the Bailey group, her heel clicking against the ground. "If you bring one more word of marriage to Ms. Sin while we're here, I will personally allocate your punishment with the upmost strictness." She sighed, but the perfume she was wearing smelled similar to that of Honja (real name: Seoyul Anhui), meaning they possibly worked for the same organization. "My name is Helen Scarlett. I'm his appointed babysitter by his father." She added, "I apologize for this brat's behavior given the fact that there are many more ways to connect with the company that don't involve marriage." She bowed while grabbing Lewin by the ear, "Though I also understand if you do not wish to associate with our company anymore. Thank you for accommodating us this far." Dragging the annoying guy away, Ijin was relieved she saved Yeona from a similar situation that Jiye's client was facing, but also wanted to know what her original business was at SW corp that day. Because while Lewin was disrespectful of Yeona and the sacrifices her father took to come back, after neglecting her for so long to fulfill his desires to better the world, he was not above someone sent by his father to watch him in order to prevent such incidences from happening again. 

"Kidnap Seoyul Anhui for me, she cheated us out of a deal and caused this mess by saying Yeona was interested in me." Lewin ordered after escaping from Helen, his men obeying and finding the famous director in an argument with Ijin, who was persistently trying to figure out her true identity that she claimed no longer existed. "Hey!" She shouted while being surprise attacked along with Ijin, waking up with her hair in a messy state and her eye mask taken off.

 "Hey!" She shouted while being surprise attacked along with Ijin, waking up with her hair in a messy state and her eye mask taken off

"It isn't you fault Ijin." She gave him a comforting smile despite hating his guts plain and clear, her golden eyes attempting to calm him as he found himself entranced by them, "You probably already know my name isn't "Honja", it's Seoyul Anhui." 

She added, "That's not my real identity though, isn't Jieun's, Ji-ah's, or Haneul's either." Her golden eyes weren't revealing anything more, no matter how hard he probed with his exceptional observational skills, so he let the issue go. "Now, we need to find a way out of here." She dusted her suit off, handing her sheer scarf to Ijin and kicking a precise point in the wall, making a sizeable hole. "After you, Ijin." He kicked the hole larger and they both crawled out, Seoyul taking her scarf back as they carefully snuck around. Taking out a guard before escaping, seeing that Lewin had trapped them in a box by a movie set. "Wait, we need to get to where Lewin is!" She suddenly shouted which made Ijin confused, until she explained as they were sprinting down street after street, "One of the other members of our organization went rogue and joined the group you were a part of." 

She shouted after they reached the block where the building was, "He's after Lewin!!" 

=================================================

TEENAGE MERCENARY | READ IT ON WEBTOON

=================================================

"I'm just glad it was resolved properly." Seoyul had her eye covering back on as she apologized to Lewin, and Yeona for causing such a commotion. She waited for me after Yeona left to go change, "You said you wanted to know who we were...what we do,  right?" She sighed while telling me, "Half a year from now, on September 12th. Go to the convenience store by your house." Something went flying towards me so I caught it as she finished speaking, "You'll fins out what you want to know then." Her golden eyes were determined as she vanished, but I didn't know what I was going to do when I found out. Because as it stood, lies and constantly evading their real identity seemed to be how, Midnight and her cohorts processed life and reality.

"Heya, am I missing something here?" Midnight had appeared in Dushik's apartment as I was talking with him, with something covering her face again like usual. "I have info on whose been hitting you, courtesy of the old artifact themselves." She smiled while handing it to me instead of Dushik, then left for where it was while waiting for me to follow. Though to be honest, I was sick of playing the mouse in this game that she started. "About time you got here." She had blood dripping down her side by the time I arrived, and Gilsu was also pretty roughed up from her abrupt attack on him. Though it wasn't nearly as serious as the wounds Jieun sustained, from the incident with Jiye.

"What this your boyfriend, you annoying bitch?" Gilsu spat as she growled, making me hold her back and take the lead as she backed me up. "We're acquaintances." Taking out Gilsu with her help, she straightened after making sure he was knocked out. "Thanks, Ijin." Her voice sounded tired as if she hadn't gotten sleep in a while, but she walked away before I could question her...like usual. 'Why did she....no why did her identity as "Seoyul" tell me to meet her in half a year by my house?' At that point, I couldn't understand her or why she hid behind a wall of lies, the only thing I knew was that those were how she processed the world and her surroundings.

All of her identities, I only linked them because of that mysterious scent that they had to wear, but it didn't make sense. It wouldn't for a while now that I think about it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jia hasn't come to school for a while." Yeongchan stated as everyone agreed, with only Ijin knowing why she hadn't turned up. 'She's probably exhausted after helping me with all my crap. I would like to see her, but if I stopped in unannounced...she might actually try to kill me for intruding.' Ijin thought as he remembered her interactions with him from the start, and how she was close yet so distant from him with none of her words meaning anything, as they were simply put: lies. She continually lied to protect herself even though all of their friends, and even his family was genuine toward her. Because as he figured out, she simply couldn't process other's care or empathy as she never had that directed toward her, growing up. She grew up completely uncared for, and only as an asset of the organization she worked under. 

"Am I late?" Jieun arrived at Yeonnam Barbeque in a messy state, having caught a cold after the fight with Gilsu and being unable to text ahead. "You shouldn't have come if you were in this condition..." Ijin helped her stand up as she gave a sheepish smile, coughing when she tried to speak into her elbow. "You should help her home, Ijin." The captain of the team said as she wobbled, making Ijin take Jieun back to her apartment. Noting how it hadn't changed since the last time, with the exception of a new tank full of koi fish. "Well, you did say you wanted pets." He commented as she grew warmer from a fever, her notebook laptop showing messages from Yeongho Sin. 'Is that her boyfriend?' He thought as he snooped around her house, having put a cold compress on her forehead after confirming her temperature.

"Why does he keep bringing up "marriage" in his recent messages to her?" He wondered as she tossed and turned, not liking that she was being preyed on by another man. Whether she worked for him as a freelance source or not. 

=================================================

To be continued...

=================================================