08.

08.

'The DNA match matches.' Lizzie slapped her hand in front of her mouth. 'Lizzie, this is great. Jane and Maeve have been vindicated.' Jarnette hugged her daughter. 'I can't believe it.' Cried Lizzie. 'Neither can I. This really is a gift from above.' Jarnette cried, too.

'Mrs. Olsen?'

'Lizzie, someone else is talking.' Jarnette pointed to the phone Lizzie held in her hand. 'Oh.' Quickly Lizzie held the phone to her ear. 'Excuse me,' she apologized.

'Jane and Maeve are still in England right now. The day after tomorrow they will fly to New York. They will arrive at Newark Liberty International Airport. I'll let you know what time but it would be nice if you could come to New York.' Said Detective Lewis. 'Yes, of course I'll come to New York. I'm going to book a flight right away.'

Lizzie said goodbye to Detective Lewis and she hung up. 'I need to book a flight to New York.' Like a madman, she began running around the house looking for her laptop. 'Lizzie, wait. Calm down. Jarnette stopped her daughter and she grabbed her tightly. 'Take a breath.' She commanded. Lizzie took a breath. 'Very good.'

Lizzie still couldn't believe it. Last night she was woken up by Detective Lewis with the news that the twins might have been found and they wanted to take a DNA test. 

Lizzie couldn't believe it and had immediately called her mother. It took a while for Jarnette to answer but when she finally did she couldn't believe her luck. Jarnette had immediately come to her side to support Lizzie and await the new news.

'Listen honey, I know you're happy but we also have to start thinking realistically now. You and Chris have broken up. Where will the girls go? Should we still go to the store to buy clothes for them? Have you been in touch with Chris yet?

Lizzie hit her head. 'I don't know about any of it.' ' She said shaking her head. 'That doesn't matter. We're going to take care of everything now. What do you want to do? Questioningly, Jarnette looked at her daughter. 'I'll go to the store to buy clothes.' Said Lizzie. 'Do you know what all you have to have? Pants, sweaters, dresses, T-shirts, underpants.' Jarnette listed a laundry list. Lizzie laughed. 'You'll be fine mom.'

'I know that too. I'm just so happy for you. Lovingly, Jarnette looked at her daughter. 'Thanks mom. I love you. Lizzie gave her mother a hug. 'I love you too sweetheart. I'm going to book you a plane ticket right now.' Jarnette promised her daughter. 'What, you're not going?' Lizzie looked at her mother disappointingly.

'Lizzie, we have no idea what these children have been through. Jane and Maeve need their parents. As soon as they get used to you I will come and visit you but until then you will have to do everything together with Chris.' Said Jarnette. 'With Chris? Mom, Chris and I broke up.'

'I know that but he is the father of your children. He has suffered as much pain as you have. You will have to meet with him to see what is best for Jane and Maeve.' Said Jarnette. Lizzie nodded. 'I'm going to the store first now.' She grabbed her purse from the table and she put it on. 'Now? Surprised, Jarnette looked at her daughter. Lizzie nodded. 'I have nothing to do and just sitting around waiting is driving me crazy.' She replied. 'That's fine. Have fun sweetheart. Jarnette waved goodbye to her daughter and Lizzie left in the direction of the mall.

At the mall it was very quiet. Lizzie had bought plenty of clothes for both girls because she wanted to make sure they didn't lack anything. She also bought gifts for them both and then she left the mall with more than eight bags.

She put everything in the trunk of her car and then closed the lid. Lizzie got in the front seat behind the wheel and just as she was about to drive away she got a call. Lizzie looked at the home screen and she saw that it was Chris. She immediately got hot and nervously answered.

"Hey, it's Elizabeth. ' She said as enthusiastically as she could. 'Hey, it's Chris speaking. Have you heard the news yet?' He asked. 'Yeah, about an hour ago. I can't believe it. She replied. 'Neither can I. I'm shaking all over.' Confessed Chris.

An awkward silence fell. "Are you coming to New York? Chris asked. 'Yes! My mom is booking a plane ticket for me so I'll try to get there as soon as I can.' Said Lizzie. 'When you get there, how about we sit down around the table? I think we need to discuss some things.' It looked like Chris had been crying because Chris's voice sounded different than normal.

'That seems like a good idea. I'll let you know when I get to New York. I'm in the mall parking lot right now.' Said Lizzie. 'Shopping for the girls?' Asked Chris. 'Yes. I don't want them to be short anything.' Confessed Lizzie. 'That's sweet of you. Can I buy anything else?

Lizzie thought for a moment. 'I only bought clothes. Maybe you can buy toothbrushes, toys, school bags and games? This is the first thing that comes to mind.' Said Lizzie. Chris chuckled. 'Then I'll go to the store too. Will you let me know when and what time you arrive in New York? I'll pick you up then.'

'That's sweet of you. We'll keep in touch. Lizzie promised him. 'We will. Bye Liz. Chris said goodbye to the young woman and he hung up. Feeling happy, Lizzie put her phone away. The conversation was less awkward than she had expected.