11 | twenty four days, twenty three nights

TEN twenty four days, twenty three nights◀★▶

◀★▶

𝐃ear 𝐊iara 𝐂arrera

Twenty-four days, twenty-three nights before I had an epiphany.

Earth moves, not the stars. It's the earth that moves away, not the stars that move away for it, and as obvious as it seems to you or June, it actually seemed like something really big for me.

This is why I'm writing this letter at two a.m. in the morning, I called Miya to ask if it was the Earth that moved. 

She said that actually, the stars might have been dead. And all we saw was a sky full of ghosts. Things that we only see as afterimages, we'll never get a live view of a star, since we're in the past for them, and they're in the future for us.

I don't know how to explain it, but it seemed to make sense in my situation. Earth spins, life keeps going, and stars die without Earth never getting to know them.

Maybe our lights went out before they got to glow. Or maybe I'm stuck in the past, like Earth. But I'm also stuck in the same position, thinking that not moving is going to make the stars come back to life.

I'm earth. And you're the stars in my sky.

So I'm going to start moving again, slowly. I've already done that, calling Miya might have gotten me a free rant about how many hours of sleep she needs to function (eight hours, twenty-seven minutes, and five seconds), but I still got to actually talk to someone.

Whee...

I'm not gonna waste my time here being sad, sorry, Kia. I know you deserve me crying after you, but I've done enough of it. I don't know if I'll ever get you back, or want you to come back, but all I can do is hope that Planet Noelle gets back into her usual orbit.

𝐋ove,
-𝐍oelle 𝐉oye-𝐌artin