beach day.

i woke up to the sun beaming into my room. dragging myself out of ped walking downstairs with my oversized cousins top on with my booty shorts as there probably the most comfiest peice of clothing i own.

"morning sunshine" jere smiles at me all happy

"hm" i say still half asleep with a banging headache

"hangover? don't worry i'll make you the famous smoothie that cures all" he smiles

jere's smoothie had always helped me with a hangover, don't get me wrong it didn't have the best taste but it sure as hell stopped my head throbbing so i'm not complaing.

i sit with my head in my hands wishing at this point in time i never drunk at all until i hear footsteps getting closer. i look up to see the tall brunette boy. i just look up and ignore him. i felt bad about last night and i didn't know if he would want to talk to me, i don't know why i snapped at him but i did.

"i'll have one of those thanks" he says clearly hungover too

"was already gonna make you one" he rolls his eyes passing me my drink. i take the drink and walk to the sofa plotting myself down. drinking it nearly made me gag but i done it anyway. i was about to get up when i saw connie walking towards me.

"i'm going for a swim" i say letting them all know putting the empty glass down on my way out.

everyone looks at me confused. i don't even know why i was ignoring conrad. i don't know i feel like he suspects something and it's really not the time to tell them all about it so i'm just choosing to ignore him.
____________________

i lay on my back in the water looking up at the sky wondering where everything went wrong. wondering if death was peaceful or total agony. in suse's case, i know she went peacefully, probably because she already made peace with the fact she was dying, but on the other hand i don't now how he felt, he didn't know he was dying, non of us did.

"hey ev." a boy says in a soft tone

i turn round to see conrad take a seat at the edge of the pool, i look down swimming over towards him.
"hey con" i say unsure of what to do

"why are you ignoring me?" connie asks softly

"i'm not ignoring you if i'm speaking to you now" i say with a half smile on my face

i heard his chuckle and it makes me smile a little more "you know what i meant ev, when you woke up you wouldn't even look at me, and when i was going to talk to you, you walked straight past me" he says with a tone

"i don't actually know why i done that"i chuckle nervously. but connie looks so serious, he knows somethings up but i'm just not ready to tell yet.

"what's going on evie, you have never got that protective over belly before or threatened a boy, and you have never been that careless with your drinking. this isn't you evie" the boy said with full seriousness

i can't say what i want to say, he wouldn't care it's connie yeah he's my best friend but he's changed and yeah he lost suse but i also lost someone but i still care.

"nothings wrong, stop worrying connie" i say getting out of the pool grabbing my towel. "i'm going inside to get ready for beach day, speak later okay?" i say walking off

"yeah okay." he says looking down into the water.

Conrad's pov

i know somethings wrong with ev, i just can't place a finger on it, she's always told me what's wrong no matter what it is so it's got to be serious. She's not the same girl that she was 3 years ago and i know people change but she was never this bad even after my mom died.