thirty seven

I paused, my eyebrows furrowing as I stared up at the man that only a couple of weeks ago said I was a thorn in his side.

"You confuse me."

Asra smirked. "Do I?"

"Very much." I nodded, my head shifting in his hand.

He cocked his head to the side, blue eyes staring into my own as he seemed to search for something. He hummed low as he took a step back, his hand sliding from my face. I felt cool without him, like his touch was the only thing keeping me warm. I shuddered at the strange feeling, crossing my arms as though it would help.

"It seems we both have our own opinions." He murmured.

I shrugged. "Perhaps. Except I am not sure what is going on. Why did you bring me here?"

He sighed, running a hand over his jaw. "You're not giving up on that question, are you?"

Defiantly, I shook my head. "I deserve an answer to why you handled me like a sack of potatoes."

"Potatoes would have put up less of a fight."

I scoffed, trying to hide my slight amusement at his attempted tease. "Not an answer."

My eyes met his, his eyebrows tightly knit together as he stared at me. He remained stoic, however, keeping his gaze on me. It was a stalemate that neither of us was going to give up, and we both knew it. Sucking on my tongue, I hid my desire to look away, staying calm and collected under his gaze.

Eventually, he was the one to blink and look away, running a hand through his hair. I tried to hide my smugness of winning the stare off, but kept it cool by switching my dominant leaning leg.

"Your dress."

"What about my dress?" I questioned, tilting my head to stare down at myself. "Not like the colour?"

He growled lowly, agitated. "You know that's not why."

"I don't think I do." I shook my head.

His eyes narrowed, jaw tensing as he glared at me. "Okay, fine, you want me to say it?"

"Say what?" I batted my lashes.

Grumbling, he took a step closer. "Your dress is too short, too tight, and too seductive. There are a lot of unmated males in my pack who should not be eye fucking you."

I inhaled sharply. "That is not my problem. If they cannot keep their eyes to themselves."

He closed the gap once more, his hands grabbing my body and pulling me flush to his front.

"What you cannot see, Tulip, is how fucking incredible you look. I don't want a single other male looking at you like this." He breathed.

Oh god, not the pet name. I shivered, my lips parting.

"What if I want them to?" I dared, adrenaline coursing through me.

He growled, lips curling at the threat. "Then I will drag you here every time and spank you so hard you cannot walk back to your room."

My body hummed with excitement, a strange thrill that had my toes curling. I pictured the brief image of what he was implying, his large, rough hands grabbing me in all the right places...

"Tulip, I only imagine what is going on inside your head right now." He groaned. "So please, either finish this conversation or drop that pretty little dress of yours and bend over."

I shivered, my shoulders shaking as the goosebumps rose on my skin. My tongue felt heavy, mouth dry, and unable to comprehend what he was implying. I shrieked when his hands tensed on my waist, fingers digging into my skin.