eighty two

I woke the next morning feeling fully refreshed and a little sore.

After round two of a wonderful 'mating', Asra carried me to the bathroom. There, he showered me with kisses and soap, clearing off all the bodily fluids from our night together. He even went as far as to wash and condition my hair before drying me. It was strange to be handled so delicately, to be cared for. I couldn't help but feel on edge, but the gentle kisses and sweet words Asra left on my skin had me melting into his touch.

He didn't push for another round after the shower. He and his beast side sated. Apparently the showering was his way of showing affection. He called it after care, and if it meant I didn't have to wash and scrub my hair so much, I was all for it.

So safe to say, I slept so well.

I'd say I slept like a baby, but they always wake up.

What a silly thing to compare a good sleep to. Now I think of it more.

Babies wake up all the damn time. Like every hour.

Whoever made this metaphor up must've had a really well-behaved baby.

Baby.

Shit... he finished inside of me. I have never had that happen before because of one valid reason.

I shot up in the bed with alarm, causing Asra to jump to his feet and growl. Even in his half-asleep state, his eyes were wide and teeth bared. I gasped in surprise and his eyes snapped to me.

"What? What is it?" His voice was heavy with sleep.

"Nothing, it's fine. Just had a... sudden thought."

He relaxed, sinking back into the bed. "Oh? What about?"

"We... we didn't use protection." I stammered. "It was so lust filled I didn't even think! I have never had a man finish inside of me before..."

His head cocked, his eyebrows furrowing. "Wolves don't use protection with their mates."

I sucked on my tongue before releasing it with a loud smack. "I am not a wolf."

He continued to frown at me. "I am not following."

Morning brain.

"We didn't use protection. What if I fall pregnant?" I grimaced.

"That is a bad thing?" He asked.

"Well... It's... We... I'm not ready for children."

"Oh..." He muttered. "I see."

"Not like that I... I just..." I groaned, falling back into the pillows.

"Explain to me." He mumbled.

I sighed, feeling awkward. "We haven't been together for long and having a child would be a bit of a rush... In my world, in my village, it is uncommon."

He was still frowning, but nodded slowly. "I understand. But I must say, it is not in the wolf world. You are my mate, forever, which means nothing gets in the middle of it. We let nature take its course."

I rolled over until I was looking at him and he copied the motion, his hand falling onto my waist. His thumb stroked the naked skin of my ribcage, causing goosebumps to rise. I understood where he came from and, yet again, the nature of our species has caused a divide between us.

"Forever is a long time." I pointed out. "That's plenty of time to have kids. I'm not even twenty yet."

"Age is just a number in my community. Once I bear your mark, you will share my ability to live longer." He shook his head.