Forty-Nine

With smoking tyres, Rudy chased the car through the barriers of the base and brought it to an abrupt halt. All three of you were pressed into your seats by the force.

But you had no time to lose.

Immediately you jumped out of the car and chased across the base towards the vehicle that Soap and Ghost had used to escape. Gritting your teeth, you tore open the door.

But there was no one in there.

"Where is she?!", you screamed with fire on your tongue and hatred burning in your eyes. "Where is that puta?!"

Confused, people looked around.

"Calm down.", Alejandro grabbed you by the shoulders. "We should get you medical attention first."

"WE should tear her a second asshole first for all the shit she's responsible for! La concha de tu madre, I am sick and tired of her bullshit! Valeria?!"

With your face glowing with anger you stormed into the warehouse that the car was parked in front.

It didn't need much walking to spot both Soap and Ghost. They stood in front of a container, locked, their eyebrows drawn together and confusion written all over their faces.

"Where the fuck is she?!", you barked but did not let them get out a single word. "She's in here, no? Open it, I'll talk to that bitch. Two minutes and I'll know everything you need. You hear me, Valeria?! Count your fucking days, cabrón!"

Filled with rage, you banged against the door.

Taken by surprise by your sudden appearance, neither Soap nor Ghost managed to react before you made it into the container.

"(Y/N)!", Alejandro called after you. "Stay out of there! I want you to be here!"

For a brief moment you hesitated. It wasn't right to shut him out now and do this on your own. But as your gaze crossed hers, how she sat there so casually, legs crossed on a camping chair, you lost it.

With your teeth clenched you pulled the door shut and locked it from the inside.

Now it was just you and Valeria. Just the two of you once more.

Sin Nombre against Sin Rosto.

Like her usual, confident self, Valeria tilted her head as you approached and gifted you a smirk.

"Buenos dias, puta.", you purred, already irritated by the way she acted. "Apologies. We didn't finish our conversation earlier."

Her face flinched. But she did not drop the attitude.

"We have nothing to talk about.", she replied but it was like venom from a snake.

With a sigh, you crossed your arms in front of your chest.

"Valeria, Valeria...", you shook your head. "You just... don't learn, do you? I know you're in bed with a terrorist. They talked about missiles. How many?"

"Oh, I didn't count them. I've got people for that.", she shrugged.

"Sure.", it took all your willpower to keep your temper at bay. "Still. As you may know, of which I'm sure, I have kids."

"Oh, si. Cute little rascals. They remind me of you."

"Same tough cookies, ay?"

"Same attitude. Same snakes in the grass. And you husband?", she huffed. "What a choice."

You couldn't help but threateningly smile at her.

"Don't talk about my family like that."

"I AM YOUR FAMILY!", all at once she was on her feet, face to face with you. "We could have been everything to Las Almas."

You played unimpressed. But being so close to her once more send shivers down your spine.

"I wanted a real family, Valeria.", in a calm yet very persistent manner you pushed her back into the seat. "Not slaves."

"They adored you. I adored you. WE could have been gods."

"I am very much mortal. And you, my dear, will realise that you are as well very soon.", you pulled a knife from a hidden pocket in your pants to hold it under her nose. "The missiles. How many?"

For a second her eyes lingered on the polished blade. Then she huffed.

"You have no reason to keep me here.", how confident she was. "At some point you have to let me go."

Annoyed, you rolled your eyes and simply jammed the knife forward. It dug into her skin, not deep, but deep enough to draw blood and make her flinch.

"You don't understand.", you started to walk around her. "The army doesn't have anything to hold you. I am not the army. I am Sin Rosto. A narco against a narco. If I have to, I'll end you. Right here. Right now. Got it?"

This time you pressed the tip of the blade to the softest part of her throat.

She did not dare swallow. All she did was stare, her chin raised, head pulled back to avoid another injury while a thin trail of blood ran down the side of her neck.

You gave her a silent command.

"Three.", she pressed out between clenched teeth.

Satisfied, you smiled.

"You've always been more of a cockroach.", you hummed and put more pressure on your weapon to cut a new wound. "Pull in your tail to survive. Now. Where are they?"

"Why do you even want to know?"

"Because this is my country. My city. The future for my kids. And I want it to be safe. Worth living for. Do not strain my patience any longer. Where. Are. The. Missiles?"

She did not budge.

Not until it started to knock. It was persistent. Almost aggressive.

Her eyes moved to the door.

You huffed.

"I could let them in...", you let the blade wander over her face. "No one here is in your favour."

You took a step back.

Her eyes moved to you.

"There's two on an old oil drilling rig.", she snarled as your hand lay on the handle of the lock. "And one in Chicago."

"Are you sure?", you showed her your blade with her blood on it.

"What else do you want?!"

The knocking did not stop. Dull shouting reached your ears.

"Peace of mind."

"Go to hell!"

"Oh I will. And you will be there as well. I'm sure.", without another word, you unlocked the door and took a step back to get out and take a deep breath.

Without hesitation hands wrapped around you.

"What did you do?!", Alejandro asked, not angry nor irritated.

You sighed. All of a sudden it felt like all the weight of the world was lifted off your shoulders.

"Gambled with the devil.", you let yourself fall against his chest and looked at Soap. "Your targets are scattered. Two here in Mexico. One in Chicago."

"Seriously?!", Soap asked.

Tired, you closed your eyes.

"I'm... sorry but I don't feel like myself right now... I need some rest."

"You'll feel better soon.", Alejandro pulled you with him.

"Where are we going?"

"To the hospital. Moro just woke up."