Level 100: Silent Sounds

Quiet. It was finally quiet.

Tesha looked down to see MaKaya passed out on the sand below them and breathed a sigh of relief, releasing MaKaya's wrist and taking off her soundproof headphones to hear the ocean waters behind them. She shook her head and slipped MaKaya's gun back into her backpack alongside her notebook and pen before zipping it back up. She was exhausted as MaKaya looked. She lay on her side beside MaKaya, who was lying on her stomach. She looked at her friend with a smile and let the sounds and smells of the beach take over her senses as she fell asleep. Thanks to the nature of the Backrooms, it's not often that Tesha gets tired. However, MaKaya had proven to be a handful, making Tesha experience a lot of firsts in her life. At least it was daytime when they were asleep in the warm sun. Night however, would prove to be a problem. As much as she really didn't want to get up, she forced herself to get up and stretch.

"Finally, a place to 100% rest with no possible threats." She looked to the side to see the shadow of a deformed humanoid. "Hi." It just stood and stared from afar. She casually ignores it and turns MaKaya onto her side and picks her up, the girl's backpack hanging between her arms as she walks along the beachside. It was harder than usual to walk, but she managed to get to Sunset Resort. There were two large 5-star looking hotels, the back halves were obviously still under construction as the hotels are constantly adding more rooms. The sheer luck is incredible! Tesha pushed open the door with her backpack and she walked up to the front desk after setting MaKaya on one of the couches in the foyer. "Hello again." She greeted with a small smile.

The man spoke with a sharp Mexican accent. "Tesha! It's a pleasure to see you again."

"You too." She nodded. "I need a room for two, my partner-" she gestured at MaKaya, "-and I will be staying here for a bit."

"Oh it's no problem at all amiga!" He went to fish the room key out of the drawers behind the desk.

"Still working on your English?"

"Si, and my French and German as well." He placed the keys on the desk as she signed into the hotel under her own name.

"So, what can we help you with?" She slid the paper and pen back to him.

"Let me see..." He reached under the desk and pulled out another clipboard and grabbed his pen. "Can you and your amiga assist in the restaurants?"

"Well, I can make some pretty basic meals." She looked at MaKaya.

"You and your amiga and get to your room and rest, you dos can come and check back in with me about job assessments once your amiga is awake and feeling better."

"You're aware that might be a few days... right?"

"We have all the time we need here." He replied. "Besides, a few free days won't kill the outpost."

Tesha shrugged. "Eh, fair point. I'll see you in a bit Carlos."

"Audios!" He waved as she carried MaKaya down the hall and to room 15. This room was basically reserved for Tesha ever since she helped the colony out. She would usually attempt to come to this Level for a bit of peace when she can, but it's only available during that extremely loud moment in Level 85. Most people die from getting overwhelmed by that sound, ruptured organs might occur, burst eardrums, and it ultimately leads to an untimely demise on that Level.

She unlocked the door and closed it with her foot as it clicked closed behind her. She laid MaKaya on the bed and took off her backpack, setting it beside the bed and going to the other side, setting her bag on the other side, taking off her socks and shoes and pulling out her soundproof (wireless) headphones and carefully placed them on MaKaya as she took off her friend's shoes. She walked into the bathroom and took a refreshing shower before returning to the main room/bedroom. MaKaya was still out cold but she had rolled onto her other side, she must've been a bit uncomfortable on the neat bed.