Level 63: The Islands of Infinity

From dirt to sand. Tesha looked around and paled. MaKaya was admiring one of the fourteen islands they were standing on. "Hey, Tesh-" Tesha seemed to be internally panicking as her eyes were wide as saucers and she was staring into the trees. "-a...?"

She shook the shock away. "Okay, we'll get you healed and get out of here."

"What do you mean "get me healed"?" MaKaya shrugged, "I'm fine."

"You drank Expired Almond Water, you're not fine." She took a mental note of the clear memory loss.

"What are you talking about?" She looked at MaKaya, confused. "I feel fine, besides, I haven't had a drink in a while. Now let's go."

Tesha walked on with MaKaya. Looks like we're on Isla ∑ this can't be too good. "Listen, Lossing!" Tesha said, quickly catching up as she hadn't realized she had fallen behind until now.

"Yeah?" She turned around but kept walking into the beautiful woods.

"This is a very safe but very dangerous Level." She tried to explain, but MaKaya didn't seem to be listening to her.

"Okay."

Tesha sighed, shaking her head, and approached a tree with an empty can of Almond Water and a metal stake. Her sudden absence caught MaKaya off guard as she quickly located her and walked up to her.

"What are you-"

She suddenly stabbed the sharp stake into the tree and pulled it out of its slightly discolored and greenish bark, causing it to start to leak sap. MaKaya was extremely curious. It was a little messy, but just about all of it was caught easily in the open hole of the can. It was relatively quiet, and peaceful, despite the tropical tune playing from an unknown source on or near the beaches. When the can was full, she pulled it away from the tree and handed it to MaKaya, who was beyond confused. "Drink."

She scrunched up her nose in disgust. "Ew, that's disgusting."

"Just do it."

She rolled her eyes and took the can, downing half of it before pulling away. "That's pretty good." She went to drink it again, but Tesha snatched the can back.

"Nope."

"But-"

"You've had plenty." She started to walk away, forcing MaKaya to follow her to keep from getting lost. "Besides, this stuff is highly addictive."

"I don't get it."

"I don't expect you to."

It was quiet aside from the tropical music that surrounded the island.

"So what was it like?" MaKaya asked, breaking the silence.

"Emphasize please." She sounded low-key mad.

"When you were younger? I mean, this place isn't going to hurt a child, right?"

She didn't answer for a long time. "Well... you're not wrong."

"Wait, really?!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah." She returned to an emotionless tone, a tinge of happiness in her voice. "It was a lot better when I was a child, even before M.E.G. began raising me."

"Isn't that the most prone colony to find?"

"Oh yeah, M.E.G. is everywhere they can be." She continued as they made their way through the forest, it was surprising how it didn't get denser the deeper they went in. "Anyways, this place is relatively forgiving to children, unlike teens and adults." She shrugged. "It seems to be relatively cruel towards teens." She chuckled a little. "Once I found a half-decent colony, I had to stay there until I turned twenty."