Awaking

My head was hurting. Terribly sick in the head. I was completely in the dark and didn't know where the heck I was. The last thing I remembered was that I had stopped my car because the one in front had stopped in turn after keeping a strange pace the whole time.

I thought they might need help, so I pulled over and got out. I remember having dinner with Jessy and Jake.

They had been dating for a very short time, only I knew. They hadn't made it official in front of everyone yet, but yes, those two liked each other. And I was their Cupid!

Of course, Phil knew this too even though he was not exactly happy about it. I, was over the moon about it. Damn my head.

I touched my temple and it was slightly wet . I smelled my hand. I felt like throwing up, it was the smell of my own blood.

I touched my pants pockets looking for my cell phone. No luck. I tried with my hands to figure out where I was or at least to find landmarks.

One thing was certain. I was in deep shit. I had nothing with me, my gun, flashlight, nothing. Everything left in the drawer of my car. How many hours had passed? Hard to say. I wasn't hungry so maybe not too many.

I kept moving on my knees with my hands on the ground. I didn't want to fall anywhere, I had no intention of dying in there. The more I would keep calm, the more time I would spend well.

I have to stop stopping with other people's cars . Last time I had found a tablet and it had taken me back in time. Ha ha don't start thinking nonsense Hailey, think useful things. It was square. The room I was in was small and square, there was nothing, no furniture, no windows, nothing.

A door, that was there. A damn smooth iron door. No lock you could try to pick. Not on this side at least. I took off one boot and began tapping with my low heel on the metal.

The noise made the headache increase, I was in real pain but maybe I could have had someone hear me. Suddenly I heard crying beyond the door. A cry muffled by the thickness of the metal probably and I was sure I had not imagined it!

"Hey can you hear me?" I shouted attached to the door.

"Please stop it or he will come back."

The voice came muffled but it was not the door that was thick. The female voice I had just heard was whispering beside us.
I remained interjected. Is she going to come back? Who? Or what?

"Let come back." I answered her, trying to sound confident but in reality it was myself I was trying to convince. I never thought I would be in such a situation.

"No no stop please, you don't know what you are saying. You only arrived today," she was terrified and I began to be terrified after that statement as well.

Only today? God in heaven what did she mean just today?
"How long have you been here?" I asked her, fearing the answer.

"I don't know. At first I kept track based on meals but then he started skipping them randomly on purpose when he realized I was using them to create a time space for me. It could be a month as much as much more. Please stop messing around, please," her voice was thin, hard to tell how old she was.

"I can't promise you, we have to get out of here and whoever you are talking about is probably the only one who can open the door and give me a chance to try. Tell me about yourself-I tried to calm her down, she was crying again and it wasn't helpful to me if she got her nerves cracked-I'm Hailey. I am a police officer from Duskwood."

"I know who you are. I heard it from him."
But where the fuck was I?
Too much information at once, my head was spinning. Did he know who I was? What the heck had I gotten myself into this time?

"What is your name?"

"Chris. I mean Christine actually. And she Natalie."
Was there another girl with her? Which of the two was crying just now?
"Well, how old are you?"-I needed more information to at least know if and how they could help me.

"14 e 11" . The answer froze my blood. They were two goddamn Little girls. Where the fuck were we? Damn had I had a phone I could have alerted Jake, it would have taken him two seconds to trace where I was. I had to come up with something absolutely.

But the only thing I could think of was that I had to have this phantom him show up to see who I was dealing with. It was impossible for my absence to be noticed any time soon. It was Friday night and Phil had a night at work. He would not be finished until dawn.

"Forgive me Chris, but I have to do this."

I started tapping my shoe harder and harder again until I heard noise beyond the door. And it wasn't the two little girls. Heavy footsteps that certainly could not belong to them. Boots probably.
That I found out later to my cost. After he opened the door he shone his flashlight in my face so that blinded by the light I couldn't move or see him clearly. But I wasn't dumb, I expected that.

So I kept my eyes on the ground, I was looking at his shoes. He approached, shit he was super fast, way faster than me, complicit in the fact that I was groggy from the throbbing pain in my head but I dodged him by moving to the side.

I tried to get past him, and I got the most absurd blow I could have ever taken in my life. He grabbed me by the neck and threw me to the ground. Damn, had I had a gun I would have shot him without hesitation.

A kick came in my stomach, before I could get up, with those damn shoes, I couldn't breathe. Not content, he gave me another one in the ribs. I heard him laugh, damn bastard.

I felt faint and tried to resist, I could not afford it, I thought he would kill me if I did. Another kick in the back came, I was already ready to receive a fourth when a male voice that certainly did not belong to the gorilla who had just hit me said lapidarily, " That's enough."

Then the light went out and the door closed again. The pain was something excruciating, and to me the defeat burned both physically and mentally. Now I might as well have let go; they were gone. And I actually fainted.