Damn demon

For a few days, Sebastian, formerly Markus, checked, certain that he had been inconspicuous, the schedules and habits of his target's visitors by meticulously noting them down. He had not found much of an edge-"that bitch" was full of people coming and going and even staying the night-but he knew he had to get moving, before she was discharged because then it would all be more difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I missed him. I missed my four-legged friend very much and I would have loved to see him. Maybe if he had stayed with me nothing would have happened. I still didn't know when I was going to be discharged, and besides, I wasn't going to leave without catching the bastard. So I looked at my nice nurse and made pleading eyes at her.

"Please, please, I beg you."

"You know I can't, stop making that face and that quivering lip, you don't move me, you know I'm a bitch, ask her," she said pointing to her usual colleague.

"Ah to be a bitch you are a bitch, but look at her. Don't you have an ounce of heart? I certainly wouldn't snitch after all," said the petite Viv, raising her hands.

"There you see?" I recoiled and returned to my charge. "Pleaseeeeee."

Not content with the two-for-one situation, Phil was there to back me up as well.

"Yeah come on, pleaseeeee, don't you feel sorry for me either?" He said, blinking his eyes in a funny imitation of what I had just done. He was still beautiful in my eyes, the black sweater, the leather jacket, the jeans, with his hair neatly tied and tidy unlike me who felt like a disheveled lion. And sexy above all. Even when he was imitating me.

She squared him from head to toe with her hand on her hip. We were giving her a hard time with that request, we knew, but we were having fun.

"No look beautiful angel, in fact no, you are a bloody devil, I pity you anything but. Rather look, when you get free tell me I'll leave you my number." and she winked at me because she wanted me to know she was just playing around.

"I can think about it if you say yes."
he continued to play giving her a mischievous look but took my hand to emphasize that he was mine alone.

"I don't know, it sounds like a dud to me you know? I'll think about it" she laughed and left the room avoiding giving an answer and interrupting our games.

"Ouch, we were going to make it," Viv said as he followed her out of the room and waved goodbye.

We were trying to convince her to sneak Cerberus in. At least five minutes to greet him. Just five would have been enough for me. But she was adamant.

"We failed," I said with my lower lip sticking out as I looked at Phil.

"Yes, we failed," he replied with the same expression making me laugh.

He has changed since I came back. He is still him, still the same person I love. But he is less serious. Not that he's not more here. But he plays more. He gets involved. With me he plays more, he participates more in my little follies. He used to watch me do them and laugh, now he has joined in and I enjoy it immensely more every day. I know he is very scared, Jessy told me, he is not that cynical bartender everyone always thought, he never was. I can't wait to get out of here to regain our normalcy and we have yet to find a new home. Too bad for the one we liked so much, we were too late. Whatever, we'll find another one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jake's pov

She's right on the money. As is always the case. I need to stop running away from things that could potentially be good for fear of facing them. She faced hell bravely and I'm afraid to take disappointment, shame on you Jake. So I just made up my mind, I'm going to ask her out tonight. A real date. Because in the end a real date we have never had yet. And I also know where to take her. I promised Hailey more than once that I would seek my happiness, so tonight I'm going for it!