flavors

i close my locker. finally, the end of the day.

i take my keys out as i walk to the parking lot. "bri!" parkers voice turns me around and i take my glasses off. man i really need contacts.

i smile as i see him coming over to me. "still in the mood for ice cream?" he asks. as he approaches me, the scent of his cologne makes me take a deep breathe in. and he smells good? god damn. "only if you're still buying." i flirt. "i am."

i look behind him at the tree where my friends and i meet up at after school. i'm relieved when i see no one there. "is ben and jerry's okay?" hell yeah. that was more than okay. "that's perfect."

"cool, i'll meet you there?" he backs up. i nod.

✧˖°.

please don't say something stupid, please don't say something stupid.

"i can't believe you got basic vanilla when we're at ben and jerry's." i make fun of him which was definitely stupid. "i'm a pretty basic guy." he throws his hands up in defense. parker was definitely not a basic guy. "chunky monkey? interesting." he takes a bite of his ice cream.

"what's so interesting?" i ask. "you look like a cherry garcia or a... coffee, coffee buzz...buzz buzz," parker looks at the poster on the wall with all the flavors. i make a face. "what's up with these ice cream names?" i look at the poster and try to figure out which flavor he is.

"cherry ice cream sounds disgusting and i love coffee, but not coffee ice cream." i shake my head. i hate cherries. "what flavor am i?" parker asks smiling. i bite the inside of my cheek and i look at the wall. "i'd say s'mores or strawberry cheesecake."

"i can see myself eating strawberry cheesecake, s'mores not so much." i eat a scoop of my ice cream. "why not s'mores? you don't like them?" i ask. he runs his hands through his hair. "because s'mores is a food and they made it into an ice cream. that's like having a cheeseburger and making it into an ice cream, everyone loves cheeseburgers but they would never eat cheeseburger flavored ice cream."

i nod even though i have no idea what he just said.

"interesting logic..." i move my hair out of my face. there's a few seconds of silence as we both eat. "tell me about you bri." he sits back.

parker scoots his cup over a bit and shifts his attention onto me. "i want to know things about you." i smile a little, staring at him wondering if he's being serious.

he genuinely looks interested. "what things? and why?" i wait for an answer. "i've been thinking about what you said. you know, about us knowing each other since freshman year but never actually talking to each other. i want to get to know you."

i can't help but smile. "okay then. i'm a senior at newport. my favorite color is white, my favorite ice cream flavor is chunky monkey, my favorite movie is..." i stop to actually think. "i have too many, can i pick more than one?" i ask. "nope only one." he grins, i do the opposite. "fine... ten things i hate about you."

"okay nice, a classic." he smiles and his dimples make an appearance. god he's so cute. "i'm surprised you've watched it before." i say and his eyebrows drop. "why surprised?" he questions. "i don't know...i guess i didn't think you'd be into rom coms."

he laughs and it's actually the cutest thing ever. "your turn." i eat another scoop. "i'm also a senior at newport, my favorite color is probably yellow and my favorite movie is the outsiders."

"you're kidding? i love that movie." i wasn't expecting that last part. "me too." parker smiles and all i can do is smile right back. "now that i think about it, it makes sense. i would've taken you as a breakfast club lover though." i look at my ice cream. "and why is that?"

before i answer, i wonder if i should say what i was thinking. "you give off john bender vibes." i make him laugh again. "is that a good thing?" i take a deep breath. "if you're into the whole bad boy with a troubled life thing then yes." i sit back. "and are you into that?" woah that backfired on me. "your ice cream's melting." his attention is back on finishing his cup.

i got myself out of that, 100 points!

we end up talking about how our summer went a bit more and about senior year before leaving.

"wow." he says as we walk out. "what?" i ask. when we get to my car i turn to face him. "my bad for never starting a conversation, you're pretty cool."

"it's fine and same to you." i bite the inside of my cheek. there's silence for a second. "so what's next on our journey to get to know each other?" i notice him step closer. i think of something appropriate. "why don't we swim or something? i have a swimming pool in my backyard."

"it's fifty degrees." he tilts his head. "and we just ate ice cream. i also have a jacuzzi." i add.

"jacuzzi it is. tomorrow?" he says putting on his jacket. i nod. "i'll see you tomorrow bri." i like the way he says my name. "see you tomorrow parker." i say his name in the same tone.

✧˖°.

when i got home i made sure that the backyard was clean, including the pools. "what are you doing?" my brother scares me and i drop my trash bag. "don't do that!" i pick the bag up. "do you not see that i'm cleaning?" i continue.

"why the backyard?" he sits on the counter where our bar is. "is it a crime to want the backyard clean?" i cross my arms and stare at him.

he finally shuts up and i go back to cleaning. "where were you?"

"oh sorry, i thought i was talking to mom for a second. nosy." i throw the bag in our trash can then i walk inside. of course, he follows.

"sorry i want to know where you were for the past two hours." he presses me. i glare at him for a long second. "sorry i have a life and you don't." i say getting ready to walk upstairs. "i do have a life!" i hear him say. before i could even open my mouth to say something my mom came in.

"hey mom." my brother and i greet her. "hey kids." i watch her put her purse down and exhale. i resume walking upstairs but my mom calls me back down. "yes?" i ask. "i'm taking us out for dinner. let's go!" my mom says. "mom you always cook." noah says.

"well i'm not tonight. grab your shit, i'll meet you in the car." and with that, my mom grabs her purse again and walks out the door. "should we be scared?" i ask noah. "not if we're going to southgate garden." noah grabs his jacket off the couch and starts to leave.

i could use some southgate garden right now, i love korean food.