five am

"when your legs don't walk like they used to before!" a loud and horrible voice wakes me up. i rub my eyes and feel for my glasses on my nightstand. once i can see, i look at my clock. 5:04am. "and i can't sweep you off of your feet!" i get out of my bed. is that parker?

i hear thinking out loud by ed sheeran playing from downstairs. what the fuck? i leave my room and i see noah standing in the hallway rubbing his eyes. "is someone dying?" he asks and i shrug. i see my mom and dad both come out of their rooms.

"will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? will your eyes still smile from your cheeks!" more horrible singing. i run downstairs and look through the peephole.

"oh my god."

i unlock and open the door to see parker holding a pizza box in his right hand and roses in his left. there's four red heart balloons, a big teddy bear, and a speaker playing ed sheeran beside him. "parker what the hell! it's five in the morning." my mom yells while noah and i laugh. "brianna flores, will you go to homecoming with me?" parker holds the roses out and i grab them.

i can't believe this is happening.

"oh! this is a proposal! a homecoming proposal! i need my phone!" my mom runs away. parker opens the pizza box and the pizza is in the shape of a heart. i start dying of laughter and so does noah. i hand my dad the roses, grab the pizza box from parker, give it to my dad, then i run into parkers arms.

"i'm going to kill you." i whisper in his ear. this is the biggest cliché ever but i'm loving it. "i'll take it." he hugs me tighter. "wow you can't sing." i say when he lets me go. "i had to wake you up somehow." i look around us. "i can't believe this." i pick up the bear and balloons and put them in the house. "i'm surprised you haven't had a heart attack yet." parker says. "she hates this stuff by the way." noah yells from the house.

"i am aware." parker yells back. "i don't know, i think i'm starting to like it." i wink at parker. he winks back. "awe this is so cute!" my mom squeals. we look at her and she has her phone out recording. she ends up making us take thousands of pictures even though i have no makeup on, my hair is a mess, and i have on a huge t-shirt as my pajamas.

"you can go back to sleep now, i just wanted to be annoying and ask you in the worst way possible." parker wraps me in his arms and kisses my forehead. "wow how thoughtful. come over later so we can eat the pizza together?" i ask. "i'll be here." he lets go. "i would kiss you but i haven't brushed my teeth."

"then please don't." he says making me smile. "i love you!" parker yells as he walks away. "i love you too!" i yell watching him get into his car.

✧˖°.

✧˖°. an unfortunate time jump ✧˖°.

it's HOMECOMING DAY!

"if this is how you're acting for homecoming, i'm scared for prom." i cover my eyes as the harsh light wakes me up. "we have a long day ahead of us girls." riley stands at the edge of the bed. "what time is it?" natalie puts the covers over her head.

"six thirty." riley makes me groan. "why the fuck are you waking us up so early? homecoming isn't until seven...pm." nat rolls over. "oh my god. we have so much to do! we have to get facials at seven fifteen, our nails and feet done at eight thirty, talk to our boys... or your boys to include them on our plans, and a whole bunch of shit." riley rips the covers off us.

"i'm only getting up because my face broke out from my last period and i want a facial." natalie jumps up. a facial does sound nice. but i'm so tired. coffee, i need coffee. "the quicker you get ready the quicker we can get coffee." riley sings. it's like she can read my mind. "i'm up."

✧˖°.

"so how do i look?" i walk out of the guest bathroom and into the guest bedroom. after the coffee, facials, and mani pedis, we went back to rileys to finish getting ready. this was step three of getting ready for homecoming. noah and parker came over to go over everything. not that there was anything to go over... riley was just being extra.

"you want to know how you look?" parker gets up from the bed and walks over to me. "yes i just asked you that." i pull the dress down a little. parker pushes me against the wall and kisses me. i kiss him back for a few seconds then i push him away. "that doesn't answer my question." i go back into the bathroom.

we haven't gotten our hair and makeup done yet. that was two hours before homecoming. i throw my hair into a bun and i see parker walk in. he hugs me from behind. "i think you look beautiful... and sexy." he lifts my dress up and i smack his hand and pull it back down. "don't." i leave the bathroom.

not going to lie, i have been a little distant with parker. i just didn't want to be in that position again. i barely let him touch me now. "i need to get out of this dress before riley sees me in it. she will freak out if she knew i already showed you my dress." i change out of the dress and put on my normal clothes. "this isn't prom and we're not getting married. why can't i see your dress?" parker throws himself on the bed.

when i'm dressed, i throw myself on the bed as well. "i actually don't have an answer for that. sorry." parker pulls me next to him.

"can you believe we're almost done with senior year?" he says. "that's crazy. it feels like we just started. everything happened so fast." we stare at the ceiling. this year was something else.

in a short period of time, i happened to meet mason, date the guy of my dreams, fight my best friend, make up with my best friend, have a pregnancy scare and on top of that my parents are divorcing. sheesh.

"parker i just realized something." i sit up. "what's that?" he stays laying down. "you never talk about your family and i've never met them. besides the time we ruined your kitchen with spaghetti sauce."

now he sits up. "there's not really much to talk about." he looks away.

normally girls look forward to meeting their boyfriends family but i never really thought about that.

"what do you mean? all i know is that you have an older sister." i ask wondering if there was a reason he didn't talk about her. "she's in new york for college, i barely see her." he explains.

"why don't you talk about her?" i ask. "she's not worth mentioning." parker knew almost everything about me but i don't know everything about him. "oh..." i watch him get up. his whole body language changes and i feel uneasy.

"if your family is a sensitive topic i won't bring it up." i look at him. "thank you."

riley bursts through the door. "parker! do you have everything ready for tonight?" she has a paper in her hand. "define everything riley."

"your outfit and everything you need to be ready!" riley looks at me. i shrug. "yes its in my car." parker says making her write on her paper and leave. "tonight is going to be interesting."