somewhere random

"like what?" i walk over to him getting nervous. is he going to make a move? mason bites his lip as he looks around the room. he's quiet for a minute. "want to go somewhere random?" he gets up and walks to his closet. somewhere random? i guess he's not.

he pulls out a guitar. "what do you mean somewhere random? we just got here." i ask watching him grab a backpack. "do you trust me?" mason stops in front of me. i look into his eyes as i try to think of an answer. do i trust him? "so far...yes." he smiles. "good. wait here." he leaves me in his room. "but-" i say but i stop when i realize he's not going to hear me.

this guy is so weird, i swear.

i exhale and walk over to his desk where his guitar was. i sit in his chair and i pick up the guitar. i've never touched an instrument ever in my life. i touch one of the strings and it makes an off tune sound. i drag my finger down all the strings and i cringe at how bad it sounded.

i continue to try and play the guitar for a while. "please stop. that's horrible." he startles me and i put the guitar down as he comes in. "can you do better?" i challenge. "you'll see later, come on." he puts his guitar in a case, grabs it, grabs his backpack that now looked full and then he walked out of his room.

i just follow him. i'm very confused but i just go with the flow. "mom we'll be back in a few hours." he tells his mom. "where are you guys going?" his mom looks up at us from the couch. i look at mason because i sure as hell didn't know. "i don't know." mason says before walking towards the door.

"you don't know where you're taking me?" i ask still following him. "i did say somewhere random." he smiles at me as we walk out of the house. "as long as it's away from here."

✧˖°.

i wasn't really sure where we were going until we were two minutes away. "you did not just take me to the beach." i hold in my smile as he parks. "i sure did." he winks and turns the car off. "you said somewhere random." i get out of the car and i watch him take blankets out of the trunk.

"is this not random? it's pretty cold and i just took you to the beach." i put my hands in the pocket of my hoodie. "i also got towels and i ordered a pizza." mason struggles to grab his backpack and guitar. "here." i help him with both.

i smile looking around. there were no cars here. "let's go." he walks up to me and we start walking towards the beach.

"so how did you find this place washington newbie?" i ask as we slowly walk through the sand. "i literally just googled where the closest beach was." we both laugh. we found a spot we liked and i helped him set the blanket down on the sand. i put his guitar and backpack on each corner of the blanket to hold it down. "just in time." mason looks behind me.

"i'll be right back." he gets up and runs to the parking lot. i get excited when i see the pizza delivery car. this is so cute, i can't help but think that this hangout sesh has become a date.

although the beaches here in bellevue aren't as big and nice like california beaches, it still was nice and pretty to me. "i got pizza!" i turn my head to see mason running up to me with two pizza boxes in his hand. "yay!" i clap until he makes it over here. "i bought two because i didn't know how much you eat and please don't kill me but i got one pepperoni and the other pineapple." mason sat down next to me and put the boxes of pizza between us.

"trust me, i can eat. i love both, especially pineapple pizza!" i am so happy right now. "where have you been all my life?" mason asks in a playful tone. i know he's just playing but i still couldn't help but blush. "let's eat." he opens up the boxes and my mouth waters. we both grab a slice, eat it, and exhale in pleasure.

"so are you nervous for tryouts?" i ask in between bites. "not really, i'm pretty good at soccer." he takes another bite. "that's cool, i wish i was athletic like my brother." i look at the water. "you've never played a sport before?" mason asks after wiping his mouth. i've tried three sports and failed at every one. "my parents put me in soccer when i was four, volleyball when i was six and softball when i was ten. i sucked at all of them, i'm super uncoordinated."

we eat as much as we could without getting full.

"lets go in the water." mason stands up. "are you crazy?" i finish wiping my hands on my napkin. "no..." mason takes off his jacket. is he serious? "mason it's freezing." i look at him like he's actually crazy. "i didn't bring you here to sit in the sand."

"but we don't even have any-" mason takes his shirt off and i freeze. oh my god.

his body was literally perfect. "so are you coming in or not?"

and just like that, i reach for the bottom of my hoodie.

✧˖°.

✧˖°. i just came back from a party and i'm tired asf so sorry for the short chapter also pineapple belongs on pizza dont @ me ✧˖°.