Sleepover

Neteyam:

We we're working on our history project during a free period. Ao'nung was sitting next to me working on the video we're going to present while I worked on the research. Every now and then I would take a small peak at Ao'nung. He looked so pretty while he was focused. Wait, do I like him? Could I bring myself to admit that I had a crush on the school's player?

As we worked, I could feel some tension with him. I had no idea why, but I was worried. He just gave off this tense vibe and it's really killing my vibe. So I just decided to address it.

"Nung? Are you okay?"

He was so caught off guard by my question that he literally just flinched.

"Uh, yeah why."

"You seemed tense. Are you sure you're, okay?" Did one of you 'friends' give you a play to do or something?"

He looked at me as I said that last bit, his eyes showing a bit of guilt. But that guilt quickly left his eyes as he quickly plastered on a big smile.

"No Tey, I'm alright. And no, they didn't give me a play, just tense for this project haha."

I don't know why but he sounded really fake when he said that, but I ignored it and just replied.

"Oh, alright then."

"Yea."

We worked til the end of free period bell rang. As we all packed up I decided to ask Ao something.

"Hey nung."

"Mhm?"

"Wanna come over today to continue working on the project?"

He looked at me, then smiled so big I swear I got blinded by his pearly white teeth.

"Sure, why not."

"Great! I'll bring you with me and my siblings drive home yea?"

"Alright, all good."

"Mk, just meet us at the front of the school once school ends."

Ao nodded once I said that, giving me a quick wink before leaving to go to his next class. But when he winked at me, I got major butterflies. But I shouldn't of. I don't like Ao'nung te Met'kayi! Do I?

Time skip to the end of the day

I was waiting for Ao'nung and Kiri. Lo'ak already headed to the car, wanting to claim his spot again. I saw Kiri walking over, talking happily with Roxto. Kiri looked around trying to fine me probably. As she spotted me, they both walked over.

"Hey Neteyam, what's up?"

Roxto asked.

"Nothing much, have you seen Ao'nung by the way?"

"Uhhh I think the last I saw him, he was flirting with Solis Sinclair."

Flirting with another girl? I had no idea if I could like him now.

"Anyways, I gotta go. See ya Neteyam! Bye Kiri."

We both greeted Roxto goodbye, and as he left Ao'nung came in.

"Hey Tey. Kiri"

"Hi Nung."

"Hello."

Kiri started walking to the car, music playing in her ears as she climbed in to claim her backseat. I walked over to the driver's side and Nung jumped into the passenger's seat. Lo'ak was surprised that he was here and asked why he's coming with us. I explained the situation and Lo'ak just mumbled an ok and went back to his phone.