Can we talk it out?

Ao'nung:

I scowled at Ta'chi as he and Neteyam laughed over something. What was even so funny anyways? There's no way that Ta'chi is so funny anyways. Neteyam re-assured me that Ta'chi was 'Just a friend.' But from the way Ta'chi looks at MY Neteyam, its clear that Ta'chi see's Neteyam as more than just a friend.

With a loud huff, I left my camp-out spot and found Tsireya and Lo'ak watching something on his phone. Least to say, me and Lo'ak have been bonding recently. We would hang out lots with Rotxo and it was honestly pretty fun. I can see why Tsireya loves him.

"Hey Reya, Lo'ak. What're you guys watching?" I asked.

"Oh Ao'nung! We're watching this K-drama I got recommended, Lo'ak really likes it."

Lo'ak looked up to me, eyes half closed and had a half smile plastered on his face. It was clear he 'liked' it. I let out a low chuckle as I leant against the wall, arms crossed as I could feel some people's eyes on me. I knew it was other girls, but I only loved Neteyam and Neteyam only.

"Yea, I think Lo'ak really likes it Rey, you guys should watch more."

"Oh my gosh! That's a good idea! Lo'ak, meet me at my place tonight so we could watch more!"

"Sure, I can do that Reya."

Lo'ak smiled sweetly at her. But as soon as she turned around, he turned to glare at me and mutter threats under his breath for only him and me to hear. I smirked at him, giving a playful hum in agreement with Tsireya as I walked away, waving my right arm in the air as a bye.

I turned the corner just to bump into a person, and they dropped their books. I looked down and she looked at me, we locked eyes, but I quickly cut off our eye contact as I helped her pick her stuff up. I could tell she was still staring at me, so I picked her stuff up with a swift movement and shoved it into her arms, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Uh here, sorry for bumping into you."

"O-Oh! Right, sorry, uhm. What's your name?"

"Ao'nung, yours?"

"Uhm, Cleo. Ao'nung is a very pretty name."

"Thanks, Cleo is as well. Anyways, I gotta go. See ya Cleo."

"Oh, Bye Ao'nung."

I ran to the cafeteria to get lunch. But as soon as I entered, I saw Neteyam, sitting with the other, eating. My eyes lit up as soon as I saw him, but then the light died as soon as I saw Ta'chi approach. I walked over to them, about to ask Ta'chi to leave Neteyam alone, but when I reached halfway to the table, I saw Neteyam invite Ta'chi over to sit with the others, taking my spot.

I felt hurt, did Neteyam just magically forget he had a boyfriend? I stood there, just watching the two laugh and talk as I noticed the others tense up at the sudden arrival of the other boy. I backed up and ran, just ran. I bolted out of there as I headed to the library, heading to the spot where we first made-up.

I sat down, my back to the wall as I pulled my knees up. I buried my head in my knees as I took some deep breaths, trying hard not to let a few tears fall. As I was doing that, I heard a few shuffles in front of me. I looked up to see the girl I bumped in to earlier.

"Ao'nung? Are you okay?"

"Cleo, yea, I'm fine don't worry."

"You don't look fine, what's wrong?"

With my eyes stuck to the floor and her eyes stuck on me, I let out a big sigh as I explained what's been happening. From Ta'chi, to Neteyam, to the cafeteria. I didn't even know this girl yet, here I am, telling her all my life problems.