First Date

Third Person POV:

Neteyam was currently screaming for joy. Just now Ao'nung asked Neteyam on a date to the arcade and ofcourse, with Neteyam as his boyfriend. He said yes.

The date was today at night, they would go to the arcade first then go for a takeout dinner on the beach since Neteyam isn't one who fancied fancy restaurant dates. While Neteyam was giggling with excitement, Ao'nung on the other hand, is currently bawling his eyes out.

Ao'nung couldn't find this shirt he KNEW he had to wear to tonights date, it was a black compression shirt that hugged his surfer body. He looked all around the house, even checking Tsireya's room in case it somehow got in there. As he was looking, Ronal came home from work and saw her frantic son running around with tear-stained cheeks.

"My son? What is wrong dear?" she asked, obviously worried because her son is crying while running around the house.

"H-Have you seen my compression shirt m-ma?" he asked, sniffling as he walked over to her, pulling her into a hug. Ronal was shocked he was crying over this, then burst into laughter once she hugged him back.

"Dear, it's hanging outside on the hidden drying rack. Why do you need it though? And why are you crying?" As soon as Ao'nung heard it was outside, he bolted out, quickly grabbing it off the rack and making a run for it up the stairs before he embarrassed himself any further. Ronal on the other hand, was just laughing her head off while walking into the kitchen, about to start dinner when Tonowari came in.

"Hello honey, you will not believe who was just crying right now."

Ao'nung changed out of his current shirt into the compression one. Wiping his tears with a nearby towel, he checked himself out in the mirror. He smiled brightly, knowing Neteyam would love this shirt. Ao'nung then fixed his hair, got his jewellery, watch, wallet, phone, and shoes out and headed downstairs, trying to sneak by his ma and pa. Little did he know Ronal caught him out of the corner of her eye.

"So, my son is going on a date huh?" Tonowari stated, smirking at the boy.

"Yup, and he's gonna love it."

"He?"

Ronal and Tonowari's faces were shocked. They didn't know Ao'nung played guys, they only knew he dated girls. So of course, they were confused. Ao'nung knew he messed up.

"Ao'nung, are you dating a boy?" Ronal asked, looking at her son with no emotion.

"Ma, pa..."

"Answer her Ao'nung." His father said sternly.

Ao'nung was on the verge of tears, the first date he was actually excited about might not even happen. He didn't know if his parents would support his relationship or not but assumed the worst. Ronal saw her son about to cry for the second time that night, his eyes welling up with tears. She immediately rushed over to him and put both her hands on his shoulders, trying to comfort the boy.

"My son, it is alright if you are. We were just shocked that you were dating a boy when we knew that you dated girls. It is alright, we are proud to see you happy with him."

When Ao'nung heard his mother's soothing words, he quickly wiped the tears away and gave a bright smile at her, looking at his father to see if he agreed. Tonowari looked at the boy with a small smile and nodded, clearly proud of his wife and son.

Soon, Ao'nung left his house to go pick up Neteyam. His mother and father stood on the porch, proud that their son had found a person he loved.

"Is he gone?" Tonowari asked.