Don't Shut Me Out

Neteyam:

I felt raindrops fall on me as I walked through the nearby park. I needed to clear my head, clear it from school, home, and Ao'nung. How could he? That bastard tried to play me again, but it didn't work. I loved him as much as I loved myself. But it was all a joke, I was the joke. Just like back at Omatikaya high.

The rain got heavier, but I just kept walking. I didn't care where my feet took me, as long as it's away from here, I'll be fine. But the rain then stopped falling on me, I finally looked up and saw Ta'chi, holding an umbrella over me while he got rained on.

"Ta'chi? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing pretty boy. Why are you crying?"

I swiftly wiped the water off my face before signaling him to follow me to a shaded area, so we didn't stand in the rain any longer. Once we got there, he closed his umbrella, ran a hand through his brunette ringlets and looked at me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Now answer me, why are you crying?"

I simply looked at him, I never noticed he was kinda cute. With his hazel eyes, tan skin, brunette ringlets, and charming smirk, it was no wonder girls would fawn over him. I took his hand off, took a deep breath and closed my eyes before saying.

"Ao'nung...played me, like everyone said."

Ta'chi fell quiet, I could hear his short breaths. He then grabbed me in a tight hug, making sure to not let his hands fall any lower than my waist area. I was shocked, then accepted his hug and hugged him back. He was an inch or two taller than me, but he felt like Ao'nung. His height, comfort, embrace, it all reminded me of Ao'nung.

He pulled back, placing both hands on my shoulders, he gave a sweet smile before placing his umbrella in my hands.

"You don't deserve him Neteyam, you need to find someone better, someone more worthy, someone like me."

I froze, my mind went blank as he briskly lowered his head and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. It was more a peck, but it was something. I could feel my cheeks immediately heat up as he pulled back, smiling at me.

"Keep the umbrella, I live nearby so its fine."

"Are you sure? It's still raining."

"I'm fine. Call me when you arrive home okay?"

"Okay."

"See you tomorrow pretty boy."

I stood there, watching him leave, tightening my grip on the umbrella he gave me while trying to cover my blush. What am I feeling? I don't like Ao'nung right now, but after the kiss Ta'ci gave, I couldn't help but relive those memories with Ao'nung.

The hugs, the cuddles, the dates, the gifts, the kisses, the love. Everything. All I can think about is how real Ao'nung made our relationship feel, like he truly loved me, like he wanted to fight for me, like he just wanted me. But he ruined it, everything.

I started to walk back, using the umbrella this time. I thought about our relationship. He couldn't have possibly played me, he HAD to have actually wanted me. I need answers. I didn't know what to do.

I then remembered what Laia said, how she and Ao'nung had 'fun' at her place. I remembered his face when she said that. A face of disgust, a face of hatred, a face you wouldn't want to see if you actually hung out at your place.

She had to have been lying. Ao'nung wouldn't make that face if I asked if he enjoyed spending time with me. Then again, I don't really know Ao'nung. Do I?